BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

Mixing sugar surip by the drum

(1/3) > >>

Brian MCquilkin:
Saw a video from  Bob Binnie on using a drum and trolling motor to mix sugar syrup. Thought I would give it a try, 55gal mixed in about 15 min works really well... Pics are of me mixing up a drum of syrup   
Here is the link to the video if interested. Pics are of me mixing up a drum of syrup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erd6Pzaryco&list=UUDyga7OtRJSzHzXXXurYCmQ&index=46

Oldbeavo:
Very innovative, what mix were you mixing?
Local BK mixes an IBC, 1000 liters with a pressure washer that heats its own water, also effective.

Brian MCquilkin:

--- Quote from: Oldbeavo on September 10, 2021, 07:47:30 pm ---Very innovative, what mix were you mixing?
Local BK mixes an IBC, 1000 liters with a pressure washer that heats its own water, also effective.

--- End quote ---
I mixed  2 to 1  That was 23 X 25 Lbs bags of sugar. Interesting about the pressure washer and IBC., I Will keep that in mind for the future

Bill Murray:
Thats the bomb. Thank you for passing that along.

TheHoneyPump:
I like to keep things simple and utilize what is on hand laying around. The simplest barrel mixer setup is to set into the bottom a submersible sump/utility pump. 1/2hp is ideal and is plenty for a barrel. Put a couple of 45 deg elbows, tees, whatever on the outlet. Be creative on varied directions of the fittings but keep it short, turbulent, and circular. 3 outlets is plenty. A heating band on the barrel also helps immensely.  Properly setup, it takes little time to mix and fully dissolve a batch. 15-20 minutes or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version