BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > EQUIPMENT USAGE, EXPERIMENTATION, HIVE PLANS, CONSTRUCTION TIPS AND TOOLS

Motorized my Extractor Today

<< < (2/4) > >>

Beeboy01:
Rast, your extractor is pretty similar to mine but your's looks to be missing a few parts in the drive section. Mine has a spring loaded lever that engages and disengages the drive gears along with a band type drum brake on the basket shaft. I don't think they came with any type of bearings on the drive assembly, it's hand cranked and is low speed.
  I uploaded a video to U-Tube of my extractor and how the motor works, here's the link, it's the first time I've tried U-Tube so I hope it works
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsPX-iCxtI

Yup. looks like it did  :wink:

Ben Framed:
Nice conversion! Good Video BeeBoy01. I enjoyed the walk around....

Beeboy01:
Thanks Ben, I'm trying to build up a collection of short videos of me working my bees for the local club and this one came out better than a lot of the others. I mainly post them on Face Book but decided to give U-Tube a try instead. Boy does that extractor look like it needs a paint job, nothing like a picture to show just how ugly it is. LOL

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Beeboy01 on May 08, 2021, 05:18:44 pm ---Thanks Ben, I'm trying to build up a collection of short videos of me working my bees for the local club and this one came out better than a lot of the others. I mainly post them on Face Book but decided to give U-Tube a try instead. Boy does that extractor look like it needs a paint job, nothing like a picture to show just how ugly it is. LOL

--- End quote ---

Beauty is what beauty does!  I bet she's a beaut!

rast:
All well done Beeboy01, video, narration and extractor mods. Thanks. Mine is as it always was, no disconnect or brake. Mine uses a farm implement type ball bearing on the top of the vertical shaft, the driven gear partially fits inside it for support.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version