Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Legal issue on non-Langstroth?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Anonimo22

• House Bee
Legal issue on non-Langstroth?
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:53:33 am »
I wanted to ask if people ever have any trouble with legal issues or safety with law issues on non-Langstroth hives, such as top barr warre or other types of hives?

(I don't think this is so but wanted to cover my bases. And I don't see either method as inferior.)

One of the reasons I wanted to ask this is because I heard someone quote once that some states stating you have to have 2 deeps or something for a rule, and...what happens if people aren't using the normal system? They can't make up any excuse to take your stuff can they?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Legal issue on non-Langstroth?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 08:39:08 am »
We cannot answer your question without knowing what state you are in. Each state has there own laws.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 05:00:56 pm »
No trouble with my long lang in Georgia.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 01:42:16 pm »
In my experience the only thing inspectors care about is whether it is inspectable.  A crosscombed Langstroth is not inspectable nor is a crosscombed Warre' or a crosscombed top bar hive.  All are inspecable if maintained that way.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin