BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

Swarm dates for Qld

<< < (14/19) > >>

Bamboo:
Oh dear never mind. Had one high up in a tree just next to the apiary last year. First time in my life I have seen a swarm land. I was in the apiary and wondered what all the noise was and looked up and there it was all just coming together. Too high to get and they moved on within an hour or so. Wasn't from mine so was happy about that.

max2:
Just had a look at the swarm dates in previous years and noticed that in 2018 the first swarm was recorded on the 24. July!

In other years late August seems quite common for swarms.
No signs of Drones here as yet but a bloke who keeps bees on the coast  told me yesterday that he opened a lid and a swarm of drones excaped - the queen had been laying above the excluder.

felmo1:
Here over the otherside of the range drones have been obvious gor the last 3 weeks or so.  Drone cells on a couple of frames in the majority of hives.  Bee numbers are certainly increacing but not the honey stores.  Still waiting for a good nectar source before I become over cautious with swarming.
Alan

max2:
19. 9.2020 - Two " big " swarms in maleny 4552

Bee North:
Went to a club meeting last Saturday. Two members have had their bees swarm around the Cairns area..and so it begins!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version