MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room

<< < (19/19)

BeeMaster2:
I may just have to get one of them for my place.
 :cheesy:
Jim

siskosdad:
I know that I am coming to this thread a bit late in the game but this is a topic in which I have a great interest.  I own a few guns and enjoy shooting them.  I have a concealed carry permit and, in general, carry daily.

I suspect that I will never have to use my EDC pistol (a Sig-Sauer P-238) to defend myself as I try to avoid those places where the use of a gun is likely.  I have a 20 gauge in my bedroom in the event that someone decides that my house is their house.  Again, I suspect that I will never have to use it but I want it in place just in case.

I get it that some persons should not own guns; the mentally unstable, person who have committed crimes, and juveniles, for example.  I have no problem whatever with the idea of background checks for anyone wanting to purchase a gun but with the caveat that the background check cannot take more than 90 days.

I know that guns can be used to kill people but so can many other things.  The method of killing is not the question; a person's morality is.    Persons who want to use a gun to kill others will find a way to get one.  Absent a gun, a person who is intent on taking a life will find some means of doing that whether it be by knife, baseball bat,  car, or cast iron frying pan.  The taking of a life by any means, other than in response to an act of war, is reprehensible and should be met with swift, concise justice.

All that said, I have to come down on the side of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".  I enjoy the shooting sports and the ability to keep and bear arms.  I carry where it is legal to do so and don't where it is not.    My thought is that, if you want a gun, have one; if you don't want a gun, don't.  Just be sure to not foist your beliefs on others.

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---I know that I am coming to this thread a bit late in the game but this is a topic in which I have a great interest.
--- End quote ---

never too late.

yesterday I was reading an article that claimed the new Congress had gun control high on its list of things to do.  This is something we all need to keep an eye on.

Dallasbeek:
Fortunately, the Nancy Pelosi side of Congress won't be able to push its antigun agenda through without the Senate and Trump going along.  Gridlock may not be too bad.

BeeMaster2:
I agree Dallas.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version