Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Building a better honeybee  (Read 4247 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Building a better honeybee
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 11:05:45 am »
Here goes man playing God again, I wish they would perfect playing MAN first.

I remember reading that honeybees were found trapped in amber which were thought to be 200 million years old and NO OBVIOUS Phsyical changes had occured - this tells me that they are about as good as they can be, or they would have evolved (forgive my belief that things do evolve) but they hadn't.

So we are going to make a better honeybee - just like we were going to reduce fruit flies and ended up introducing varroa into the feral honeybee population and we all know were THAT ended up.

Man: please leave our world alone, let God or evolution (a product of God, I believe) do the tweaking of our planet's creatures, because frankly speaking - you screw up EVERYTHING you touch.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Building a better honeybee
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 06:35:44 pm »
It would be nice to have a super bee but I would be afraid it will just turn out like the africanized bees, bye
Ryan Horn