Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: That went well - neighbors yard sprayer  (Read 1038 times)

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
  • My Bible is living with bee energy one desire
That went well - neighbors yard sprayer
« on: April 01, 2019, 11:02:21 pm »
The neighbors lawn sprayer showed up and I politely asked if he could take acception to where my hive is in my backyard and maybe not spray so much. As I was cutting wood for flower boxes back there , he yelled and said he let the office know and other technicians will be alerted too. I said ?God bless you - that?s more than I could hope for?
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Then all else falls in line
It?s up to me

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: That went well - neighbors yard sprayer
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 11:39:39 pm »
I had that happen about 3 weeks ago. Neighbor showed up with his tractor and a 500 gallon sprayer attached. We aren't what you'd call "buddies". However, we had a 30 min conversation. Very easy. He agreed to spray in the morning - allowing me time to close up the hives for the next day. Very kind of him. Not everyone is easy to work with. ... thankfully many people, especially in the farming neighborhoods, care about the bees.

I should add - my neighbor runs apricots. I don't think he minds having my bees around.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 12:33:56 am »
I have a commercial Beek who has been placing 64 hives, on federal land, right next to my property. This past week I heard him out there and he was Bush hogging the site. I reminded him that 2 years ago that he is bees at this site did not make any honey and told him my bees had the same problem. Last year he did not put any bees here and my bees did a lot better. I told him I have 38 hives this year. I asked him if he could possibly not place his bees at this site and he said no problem. I thanked him and told him to call me if he needs help when he is working in my area. I am so glad that my area is not over loaded this year. It really makes a difference. Sometimes all it takes it to ask nicely.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
  • My Bible is living with bee energy one desire
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 04:31:35 pm »
Hey Jim - I?m also a James , but I heard that I may contact parks and recreation around here (treasure coast) about putting boxes on state property like a park or unused space . Do you know anything about this ?
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Then all else falls in line
It?s up to me

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 05:06:49 pm »
Good neighbors are a Blessing for sure, something to be grateful for,,,,, as stated above.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.