Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SPELL CHECKER - REVISITED  (Read 2636 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
SPELL CHECKER - REVISITED
« on: November 29, 2006, 02:09:18 pm »
Hi All:

Occasionally I get a post, often concerning a spell checker. Many of you have figured out that GOOGLE's FREE TOOLBAR offers the best spell-check feature around. It installs easily, works like a champ and best of all, improves your spelling by letting you spot the few words you repeatedly spell incorrectly over and over again - well... it helps me - lol.

The problem is that my server (not the software in the forums) doesn't have a spell-check option, the forum software could use it if it did (there is an admin feature to turn it on "if" it is available - but no such spell check exists in the servers feature lists.

So downloading and installing Gooooooogles toolbar seems to be the best choice, especially since it offers many feature beyond the spell check option. I use it as I have read many others do too and it makes all our posts that much more pleasant to read.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: SPELL CHECKER - REVISITED
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:37:02 pm »
Another option is to use the new Firefox 2.0

It has spellcheck built in.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: SPELL CHECKER - REVISITED
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 04:04:41 pm »
Just downloaded the Firefox 2 - very nice embedded spell checker and safe software to boot!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything