Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee gloves  (Read 9841 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Re: Bee gloves
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2017, 09:09:37 am »
If you get stung, apply Benadryl and hydrocortisone to the sting as soon  as possible and you will help your body to get used to not reacting to stings. Most experienced Beekeepers do not swell up from a few stings.
It is important for beekeepers and their spouses get bee stings from time to time to keep from developing a severe reaction from handling dried venom from suits and gloves.
Jim
It is important for beekeepers and their spouses get bee stings from time to time to keep from developing a severe reaction from handling dried venom from suits and gloves.
Jim....................

I have seen that thrown about but I have not seen any scientific studies done on it. I have gotten stung but I would rather take one anywhere but the hands and the eyes because I need them to watch and work on my son.

I had a woman come to me for a jar of bees that she needed for apiatherapy to keep her from being bed ridden by fibermyalija. She had been using bee stings every other day to live. Her husband became allergic to bees because he did the laundry. I talked her into getting her own hive. After the second year she started sting her husband and immediately removing the stinger, with an epypen ready. They slowly left the stingers in longer and longer and now he takes care of the bees.
Jim

Interesting. I handle my bee equipment very rarely. It sits in a room at work, where my hives are, but gets touched very little and have yet to wash my suit. I do get stung but not much.

anything