FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Laser projects
« Last post by Bill Murray on May 30, 2024, 11:38:13 pm »
Embrace it my friend
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 30, 2024, 11:36:39 pm »
 :cool:
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: reuse of plastic foundation
« Last post by Occam on May 30, 2024, 11:26:27 pm »
Perfect example of a permaculture idea of the problem being the solution. As much a pain and problem as max moths are to weak hive we can definitely harness them to do our dirty work much more efficiently than we can do it, and with much less effort.
« Last post by animal on May 30, 2024, 11:24:06 pm »
I tr to chuckle every time I see something that makes me feel old .. makes it easier to take  :cool: and deny :cheesy:
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Water Power Sawmill From The Past!
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 30, 2024, 11:21:08 pm »
That is neat. It seems I vaguely remember you mentioning this before, in your description of your place. Was it still there when you acquired the place? If so was it operable?

Phillip
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 30, 2024, 11:13:18 pm »
Looks good Les!
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: Run o' the Mill Jokes
« Last post by animal on May 30, 2024, 11:12:46 pm »
A Jewish guy is really troubled and upset so he goes to his rabbi and spills it : "You're never gonna believe what happened to me! My son left home to see and experience the world and came back a Christian!"
Rabbi says, "You're never gonna believe what happened to me! My son left home to see and experience the world and he also came back a Christian!"
Not knowing what else to do, they start praying to God about their troubles.
God answers,"You're never gonna believe what happened to me! ..."
« Last post by Bill Murray on May 30, 2024, 11:09:34 pm »
Dont know how to like this but thumbs up and thanks for the pics les, cause this is the ultimate way to clean these.
So if your feeding 1:1 and getting comb drawn every 7-10 days, if your flow is on and not feeding/not doing anything for swarm control ,every 7 days. If your flow is on and doing swarm control--based on your swarm control method.

I know this might sound crazy but after march 1st all I look for is if they need super space and imirie shims till July.

This year was a little crazy they wanted to back-fill and go into swarm mode, so being flexible is always important. Sometimes those insects just dont do what you want/need/or expect them to do
« Last post by Lesgold on May 30, 2024, 10:51:14 pm »
The wax moths are a great help. I came across this by accident this year. Normally I clean up plastic foundation and put it back on the hive as required but as this year was a bad year, I had a pile of plastic foundation that was given a rough scrape and left in sitting in the workshop to be cleaned up at a later date. The foundation had a lot of propolis, pollen and discoloured wax on each sheet as they all came from brood combs. After about 6 months, I decided to clean up the sheets and store them. The first photo is what the foundation looked like when I removed the covering sheet. Wax moth larvae were present everywhere. Most of the food source had been eaten with very little waxy material remaining. The second shot shows a close up of one area. You can see that it is only cocoon and debris remaining. The third shot was after the foundation was given a quick brush. The results are obvious.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything