BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

Feeding bees for winter

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: sawdstmakr on May 05, 2021, 09:39:56 am ---Stefan,
You can ask as many questions as want here on BeeMaster. We have a lot of very experienced beekeepers and a lot of new beekeepers who are wanting to know the answers to the questions you ask. We love to answer questions no matter how basic. We had to start out and ask questions in order to learn beekeeping.
Jim Altmiller

--- End quote ---

X2 and welcome, (Im still asking by the way) lol

crispy:
Hi all i managed to harvest just 2 frames last week was hoping for 4 but decided to only take two , there was an article in the paper the other week that said honey production is down by 49% this year and what with fires ect i can understand that , my bees have been busy but not able to supply a lot of honey .

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: crispy on May 06, 2021, 06:27:32 pm ---Hi all i managed to harvest just 2 frames last week was hoping for 4 but decided to only take two , there was an article in the paper the other week that said honey production is down by 49% this year and what with fires ect i can understand that , my bees have been busy but not able to supply a lot of honey .

--- End quote ---

Well two is better than none. Savor every drop. 😊

StefanBohm:

--- Quote from: crispy on May 06, 2021, 06:27:32 pm --- honey production is down by 49% this year and what with fires ect i can understand that

--- End quote ---

Hi crispy, no fires here though. Not within my bees' foraging grounds anyway. The trees flowered like any other year and didn't notice anything different. Was about to blame my queens. Did the article say where in Australia had 49% less production? I doubt that's across the country.

One guy I know around here was a bit guarded and didn't reveal much how his bees did this year.

crispy:
Hi guys i didnt read the article my mother did and told me so it may have been south oz only ,just a quick question bit of topic but i gave a bloke some honey on wednesday and he rekons after eating it some bees attacked him .He claims that it comes out through the poures in your skin and the bees smell it ,i was a bit shocked wen he told me but any truth in it .
Ben i got 250ml out of the whole lot after giving it away to friends and family after chewing their ears off for the last 12 months  about bees hahaha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version