MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

We came from where?

<< < (3/22) > >>

Understudy:
The combination of methane, nitrogen and an electrical charge has shown that organic compounds can be made. You came from the combination of some elements and a charged particle.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

wayne:
  For at least some 200 years science has tried to creat LIFE in a test tube. Creating basic amino acids is just getting a set of Tinkertoys, not a living creature. They still have to be put together and then sparked into something that fulfills the defination of living.
  Life is either simple to create, which we cannot seem to do, or an all but impossible accident. It either exists across the galaxy, or it is very rare. We KNOW it exists here. But we suspect, or maybe hope, it exists elsewhere.
  How, and where, it started is the basic answer to the above problem. If it is easy, or rare, it is HERE. If we find life elsewhere then it is easy, if we are alone it is rare. If the life we find is like the life here then we all sprang from the same process and if we find enough samples we will know the start point. Simple.
  Man needs an answer. He has always wanted answers to his questions, and if he cannot see a clear one he makes one up that fits.
  Many years ago I saw a story about how life here was a result of a spacecraft dumping its waste tanks after a visit.

UtahBees:

--- Quote from: Jerrymac on July 20, 2007, 12:10:20 am ---if life "here" came from "there" then where did life "there" come from.

--- End quote ---

God made this earth and the people on it. He also made many other worlds and the humans on those planets as well.

We all came from God's presence and are here (or there on the other worlds) as a final test, to gain the experience of having a body, and to see if we can choose right (obey commandments, etc) with our free agency.

http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/exhibit#Jennifer_Where_did_I_come_from
http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/exhibit#Jan_purpose_of_my_life

There's no conspiracy theory, except Satan is real and he doesn't want us to return to God, since he cannot. Satan would rather not have us know he's real.

I guess that's my $0.02 :)

UtahBees

abejaruco:

--- Quote ---He also made many other worlds and the humans on those planets as well.

--- End quote ---

More humans over there?. Had not He enought with us? :-D

--- Quote ---God made this earth and the people on it
--- End quote ---

At this point we have some in common. :)

pdmattox:
well put utahbees.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version