ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Butchering Our First Goat

<< < (7/7)

.30WCF:
I?d suggest buying some good wild game cook books. I?ve always thought there was a similarity between venison and goat/sheep.
These books are kinda high end on the ingredients. Once the pantry is stocked though, you have spices and seasonings to keep exploring.

I?ve done the home made wrappers and the store bought ones. They are both good, the home made ones are more fun, but there is a time investment in them. If you don?t want to spend hours making an event out of it, I would stay away from these books. But if it?s about the journey just as much as it is the destination, the it?s $25 well spent on a good cookbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: .30WCF on December 06, 2021, 12:32:45 am ---I?d suggest buying some good wild game cook books. I?ve always thought there was a similarity between venison and goat/sheep.
These books are kinda high end on the ingredients. Once the pantry is stocked though, you have spices and seasonings to keep exploring.

I?ve done the home made wrappers and the store bought ones. They are both good, the home made ones are more fun, but there is a time investment in them. If you don?t want to spend hours making an event out of it, I would stay away from these books. But if it?s about the journey just as much as it is the destination, the it?s $25 well spent on a good cookbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Thanks so much, I'll pass that along to her.  :happy:

gww:
I used to have cook books but now can find almost any recipe with just internet searches.
Cheers
gww

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version