Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: executive order ammo ban  (Read 5418 times)

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
executive order ammo ban
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:28:59 pm »
I guess ya'll have heard that our Dictator is gone to ban some 223 ammo. He is having trouble taking the gun so he is going after the ammunition needed for it to function. But I'm sure it will just be this one time thing. Prolly won't do it again.

Offline Better.to.Bee.than.not

• Field Bee
Re: executive order ammo ban
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:39:03 pm »
He cannot legally do it, imo. Legally, you cannot by proxy ban something that would ban something you cannot ban regularly..... ie not able to ban cars, but yet banning gasoline, or engines. However it is important to realize the truth behind this action. ammo is not being banned per say, it is being reclassified. This so called ban is specifically to do with green tips, which were immune to a ban on armor piecing rounds before....so what they are doing is removing them from that immunity, which would have those specific bullets banned. not all ar 15 bullets. so.....

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:41:01 pm »
I have an AR15, it looks just like the one my wife has. I have my doubts about it's penetrating power when it comes to metal. However, we also have some Mosin Nagants. They are unreal when it comes to penetrating. It's more like passing through than penetrating.

We don't have nothing to worry about. The republicans will stand up and fight like a lion.., oh crap!

We in a tight spot boys
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:01:24 pm »
This action is a result of Sig Sauer, Rock River and Bushmaster's introduction of a AR-15 handgun with a brace.  The ATF initially Ok'ed the weapon as a rifle and then changed it's decision to classifying it as a handgun.  Putting the green tip 5.56 in a handgun theoretically makes it capable of piercing police body armor.  (Remember, we are dealing with Obama and his ilk, facts don't matter).

All handguns that shoot ammo that can pierce body armor are not to made available to the general public (banned).  They might be available in other way, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, there is history of the armor piercing handgun ban, so this might stick.

Gotta give O and the boys credit.  They got a gun and ammo banned just by waiting for some manufacturer to get greedy.

When I saw marketing the of the AR Pistol my first reaction was that this is not going to end well.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 02:27:10 pm »
It is a convoluted and silly path to go down when you try to differentiate what is pistol ammo and what is "rifle" ammo when you can buy a pistol in any rifle caliber and you can buy a rifle in any "pistol" ammo.  When I was 18 I couldn't buy ammo for my .22 rifle because they make pistols in it... I've had a .223 pistol for the last 30 years... single shot, but still a pistol...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:08:32 pm »
Now you're dating yourself, Michael!

...bet that's a T/C contender.  :tongue:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:54:42 am »
>...bet that's a T/C contender.

Bingo.  But a TC Encore can be bought in almost any caliber and any caliber it's not available in you can get a barrel from a third party that is in that caliber, including virtually any wildcat.  So are those calibers all pistol ammo?  If so then all calibers are pistol ammo and all calibers are rifle ammo.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 10:16:23 am »
>...bet that's a T/C contender.

Bingo.  But a TC Encore can be bought in almost any caliber and any caliber it's not available in you can get a barrel from a third party that is in that caliber, including virtually any wildcat.  So are those calibers all pistol ammo?  If so then all calibers are pistol ammo and all calibers are rifle ammo.

So Obama will use the same type of argument to ban more ammo.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 12:16:18 pm »
>So Obama will use the same type of argument to ban more ammo.

Apparently all of it if he feels like it.  It's Bush's fault.  The first one.  He used an executive order to ban "assault rifles" back in 1989 and no one took that to court...
-------------------

Offline Better.to.Bee.than.not

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 04:32:01 pm »
isn't it always bush's fault?

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 04:41:28 pm »
Little O can do anything he wants, he is our king.

On the other hand he is really helping the sale of 223 ammo right now.
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 09:59:56 am »
>On the other hand he is really helping the sale of 223 ammo right now.

If you want to sell guns and ammo, you couldn't ask for a better president...
-------------------

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 01:01:23 pm »
I think the NRA is finally going to do a little fussing about the proposed Executive Order. For what good that will do. Nobody want to really put the brakes on this man.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 02:36:30 pm »
> Nobody want to really put the brakes on this man.

I guarantee the NRA wants to....
-------------------