Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spinoff. Will bees defend their hive with one bee space, after being robbed?  (Read 964 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
I do not know if this is true or false but when I was getting started I watched a video where a lady was asking a mentor how to stop robbing. He said simple, just remove the tops of each beehive in the yard. The bees will be so busy guarding their own hives that they will lose all interest to continue robbing others. Fact or myth? I do not know....
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline AR Beekeeper

• House Bee
I have read that also, but I have never had the guts to try it.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Michael has made the same statement.
It would work real well as long as long as all of the robber bees are from your hives.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
I have never had the guts to try it... but it is based on sound logic.  But I can also see it going the opposite way...

Keep in mind that in theory it would work and in theory a bumble bee can't fly...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything