Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Say it ain't so!  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
Say it ain't so!
« on: April 03, 2024, 10:36:11 am »
Hi Folks,

Pocket knives. We've all got 'em. Many have an SAK. Well, times are a changin'.

https://youtu.be/WRMDpSIvjxs

Sal

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Say it ain't so!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 10:44:25 am »
Dont fret Sal. Just get a Leatherman instead. Stronger made and better quality..
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 10:50:18 am »
the toothpick was made to break when you used it for stuff that it *ought* to be able to do.
The tweezers were just made to get lost somehow.
and the corkscrew was for tearing holes in pockets, or coming out at inopportune times .. and aim itself at tender bits .. while you were in an awkward position, and whatever you were doing at the time made it where you couldn't shift your legs around, much less have a hand free to unstick yourself from it.

I'm not gonna miss 'em :wink:
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 10:51:37 am »
 :wink: ME EITHER!   :cheesy:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 01:25:57 pm »
I have several of them. All were gifts. I have the biggest one that they make. It has all of the tools that they make, problems is it is too heavy to carry in your pocket.
I always carry a Gerber Multi Tool in a pouch on my belt. I keep the blade razor sharp, it will shave the hair off my arm. I use it several times a day, almost every day.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 03:04:43 pm »
Leatherman is made in Oregon and my husband had a patient who worked there as some kind of designer.  Every once in a while he'd bring one for us to "test".  They are great knives and come with many functions.  I have a couple of swiss army knives that I keep for nostalgic reasons, but the Leatherman is my go-to all the time.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 07:18:27 am »
I also have a couple of Leathermans, gifts. I like the Gerbers a lot more. It takes some doing to get the Leathermans that I have opened. With the Gerber, I pull it out of the holster and with the flip of the wrist it is immediately a pair of long nose pliers. In a bad situation this is a very good defense weapon.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2024, 07:30:30 am »
I remade a few Leatherman Waves as miniature Surges.  In other words, they have removable jaws (which didn't use to com on the Wave but do now), removable file/saw, large scissors in place of the saw, awl in place of the tiny scissors, a notch to hold a toothpick from a SAK and another to hold the tweezers from a SAK.  I replaced both knife blades.  One with an S35VN and the other with a Damascus blade.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin