Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Here is our newest member to our farm.  (Read 2617 times)

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Here is our newest member to our farm.
« on: November 07, 2018, 08:22:21 am »
This is Sterling. We just got her 2 nights ago. I the first picture we are trying to get her into the Shute. She was extremely stubborn and it took us quite awhile to get her in there.
The second picture is the next day. She is very gentle, a little bit scared but sweet as can be. I took the halter off, she must have had it a on a lone time because it was wearing off the hair and her skin is raw in three spots. I am going to make a new one that will not touch the same spots.
We plan on turning her out with the adult cows who have the baby calves. Her job is to protect them from coyotes and dogs.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
Re: Here is our newest member to our farm.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 02:41:27 pm »
Jim,

I don't see a link for a pic but I assume she's a donkey. They can be great guards over livestock. :smile:
Neill

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 02:56:48 pm »
Herb, It's an invisible donkey, so it can slip up on the dogs and coyotes and not be seen.   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 03:25:50 pm »
Or maybe an invisible llama or alpaca.  That would be interesting and very unusual..  Andbit wold go very well with the invisible sheep.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 04:10:18 pm »
Here are the mystery pictures.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 09:09:25 pm »
What a cutie!!! :smile:
Neill

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 10:44:54 pm »
I made her a new halter. She didn?t like it but she let me put it on. It does not touch any of the sore areas made by the other halter.  She is very sweet, you can tell she used to be handled a lot. She was just left out in a pasture for several months before we got her. She is also pregnant.
Jimm
Ben Franklin

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 07:51:18 pm »
Very nice.