Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: spuds  (Read 3475 times)

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
spuds
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:38:49 pm »
middle georgia and other south east friends and neighbors, have i waited too late to plant spring potatoes?

Offline RC

• House Bee
Re: spuds
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 05:12:12 pm »
I haven't planted any this year, but on the dark nights of February is when I usually plant taters. I don't think you're too late.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:14:45 pm »
Most folks plant them in January around here. I would think the worst that could happen is they might not grow as big as they may have.
The good news is you can only eat one mouthful at a time so it don't matter how big or small they are. ;)
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 09:44:31 pm »
rode out to the farm today and there are trees all along the road busting open that weren't yesterday.  seems like they think spring is about to be here.  noticed the clover on the shoulders in town is about 3 inches tall now. 
i'm going to plant this week.  i wish i had a bottom plow but that will have to wait a while.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 09:03:56 am »
I was given some sweet tater starts yesterday. I like sweet taters with chicken and moose
they quit stopp-en by though

anything