Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my mind must be slipping.  (Read 6422 times)

Offline Palouse

• House Bee
Re: my mind must be slipping.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 04:50:18 pm »
Being new, I forget what I'm supposed to look for when I'm in my hives. I'm so overjoyed that there are bees and I haven't managed to kill them all that I forget simple things like looking for brood.

Me, talking to my wife on the patio, holding up a frame covered in bees: "Hey Honey...Look! Bees!"
My wife, not even looking up from her book: "That's nice Dear."

Offline Santa Caras

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 05:28:58 pm »
I'm always laying my glasses down and foregetting where they are.  When I do locate them its like "OHH...yeah...now I remember putting them there! I swear one day I'm gonna invent a GPS that i can stick on the them so I can find them and make a million (or two) dollars!!!!

Offline Nico

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 07:29:53 pm »
No Kathy, I don't travel with a smoker alight.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 07:47:40 pm »
No Kathy, I don't travel with a smoker alight.

i do.  i keep a metal bucket in the back of the truck and i plug the end of the smoker with a stick.  if it is well lit and well packed it will stay lit for hours like that.

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 09:35:02 pm »
   :? :shock: You can keep a smoker going for HOURS!!!  :jawdrop: I am awed and humbled - what is the secret!

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 08:56:39 am »
pack it well and plug the opening.  i'm talking about if you travel with it not just continuously working hives. 
when you go from one yard to the next all day you don't put it out each time you load up. 

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 01:00:50 am »
Iddee and Schawee did a great video a while back and posted it here on this site. It tied to find it but fialed. If anyone can find it please add a link here. I think it would be an great sticky thread.
After watching this video, I now can keep a smoker going for 4 to 5 hours. One thing that I learned is that after an hour or 2, you need to repack the smoker with the hive tool to keep it packed tight.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 07:56:23 am »
I'm always laying my glasses down and foregetting where they are.  When I do locate them its like "OHH...yeah...now I remember putting them there! I swear one day I'm gonna invent a GPS that i can stick on the them so I can find them and make a million (or two) dollars!!!!

It must be age. I'm always doing the same kinda thing. I was thinking about inventing an audible attachment for my glasses. Using a key fob remote. Sometimes the only way I can find my cellphone is to call it and listen.

Seriously, at least you remembered the smoker. Hubby has learned to light it first, before tying on the veil and grabbing the hive tool; he has been known to forget it!

JP my wife helps me out by cleaning up behind me. To her I'm a clutter maker to me it's organized chaos.  I'm constantly having to ask her where something that I have just set down is located. I swear she enjoys watching.  :-D
Later,
Ray

anything