Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Michael Bush on ventrilo text chat on Saturday 3-8-2008 6:00 Eastern Time  (Read 10064 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Michael Bush will be joining on us text chat with the ventrilo server we use.To join in just follow the instructions here:
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=5880.0
If you want to post a question to Michael stop by and drop a line.If you want to stop by and check us out ahead of time feel free. We hang out most evenings from 4 or 5 PM till 10 or 11 depending on how long us old geezers can take it!!  Some even stay up longer!

Don "Fatbeeman" should be stopping by a little later in the evening,so we can have a great night of chatting saturday.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Ken, ooooh, so that is the mystery solved!!!  What a pleasure it will be, I will try hard to get on the ventrillo to listen in, I am snoopy.  I will need to figure out the mic thing one day, but for now, snooping and typing.  That would be 3:00 PM my time.  What time do you think Michael will stay on til?  Curiousity never got this cat.  Have a wonderful and beautifully awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
OH Cindi, I heard you were on tonight. Just typing?? That is what I do. Hope you liked it. It is fun to listen

I will be there on Saturday, but just for a little while. Have to take care of some things in afternoon.

Annette

Offline Hayesbo

• House Bee
  • My son. Almost 6 and loves helping me w/the bees
looking forward to Saturday!!!!!! :-D :-D :shock:

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Well Cindi, if you can do guess I'm gonna have to try too!  I am very interested in the no chemical natural small cell, going to go that way if the bees let me!  I love lurking & snooping too!  This inquiring mind wants to know!  Have a great sunny day!!

jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Yea!  This is great, more of us women beeks on the chat!  :lol:

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Yes!!! Bring on the women!!! :-* :-* :-*

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
I believe that you should get set up before the last minute if you are interested so you can make sure everything works.  This is going to be to good to pass up. So get off the sidlines and get ventrilo set up on the computer so you can join in the fun. No one that has tried the chat has said they did not like it once they gave it a try.

PS i will be glad to help anyone get set up just pm me.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Dallas Makes a VERY GOOD POINT!!!!!

Don't wait until the last minute to setup your Ventrilo Chat, it isn't difficult at all and most always there is someone there to assist you (especially in the evenings Eastern US time) but don't wait until you want to talk with any guests BEFORE you start installing the small program needed and the short time it takes to setup the mic.

JUST FYI.... When you connect to the Ventrilo Server, you will automatically hear people talking if they are chatting away - the reciever part defaults so you can HEAR everything.

To TEXT CHAT there is a button to the right of the Ventrilo Screen says CHAT - click on that and a text chat window pops up. You can now type to the people who you are listening to (note: they can only read your type if they have the letter "C" next to their name in the username list - it simply means their text chat is also open.

Setting up the mic can take a few minute of mild tweaking (nothing difficult) but it makes things easier if you do things when the crowds are a bit smaller and guests aren't busy answering question or other members chatting away.

The important part is "You being there!" The info you can Glean from any of these special guest appearances or "Honestly" the knowledge you can share ANY night of the week, makes us all better beekeepers and friends.

So, Ventrilo Chat is growing, we are at 20 members at one time capable and growing. We have many rooms setup so that if you wish to talk to one or more people in more private way, you can simple click on another room title and you will move there until you click back to the main room.

Voice Chat is NOT NEW to many of us, we have used it nearly 2 years. It has grown from a small dedicated group yearning to make friends and share in our hobby, and today the average night has around a dozen or more people coming in for sometimes hours to hang out with their friends and fellow beekeepers.

For more info: launch the main topic in this forum to learn everything you'll need to install Ventrilo Chat in minutes and it will likely be the best spent few minutes of your beekeeping voyage!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
JOhn, I like that jargon about the "beekeeping voyage", yep, it seems that that is what it is a voyage, an adventure that never stops, kind of like the trip that my Son-in-Law said when we get too old and can't remember anything, that he would send us on, paid by him, hee, hee.  He said that we could go to places every day, over and over, but they would seem like a new adventure.  Hee, hee, oh we laughed over that one (but sometimes I wonder if he really meant it).  No, only kidding, he loves us to pieces and would do everything in his power to look after us well, in those old age days, where we may need help, hee, hee, oh no, off topic and ramblin', my apology, truly  :evil: :lol:  Have a great and beautiful day, loving this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
For our chat with Michael Bush this evening,we would like to keep communication with Michael to the text chat side. I'm sure with cooperation this will go well. If you don't already know Michael,here is his web site:
http://bushfarms.com/bees.htm
If you want you can  read up and if you have any questions on his experiences or styles ,I'm sure he'll help as much as possible.
 Since we may be limited time wise,lets try to keep the subject matter directed to bee questions at this time and make the best of the time Michael has been so kind to take with us!
  Hope to see you tonight,                                                Ken(Buzzbee)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
I am excited to learn more.  Better try the ventr. again to make sure it works before it's time & I get flustered..most times I just poke buttons till whatever I'm doing works but don't remember just what thing actually made it work! :-\ All aflutter with anticipation! Sat afternoon w/bees!!  better than goat ropin!! :-D
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline _Brenda_

• House Bee
I installed the chat software, but I'll be texting because I gave my mic to my grand daughter a few months ago.  :) I'll try to remember to join you all this evening.
Brenda

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
Ann has me all set up on the laptop. I'm usually listening when Ann is on the chat using the PC but now I'll be able to see what people are typing as well. Might learn something in the process.  :-D Really looking forward to it !!
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

anything