Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Beek in North Carolina  (Read 1731 times)

Offline tvmateer

• Brood
New Beek in North Carolina
« on: June 01, 2020, 07:28:54 am »
I guess Beek is a stretch because I don't even have my first colony yet.  They're coming.  I've read, studied, took the Penn State class and have a mentor, built my 2 hives & frames, now I just wait on my bees to arrive.

Thanks for a great forum for discussion and information.  I look forward to this great thing called Beekeeping!

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: New Beek in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 07:40:43 am »
I guess Beek is a stretch because I don't even have my first colony yet.  They're coming.  I've read, studied, took the Penn State class and have a mentor, built my 2 hives & frames, now I just wait on my bees to arrive.

Thanks for a great forum for discussion and information.  I look forward to this great thing called Beekeeping!

> I look forward to this great thing called Beekeeping!

Though I got my first bees through cutouts, I had that same anticipation. Welcome to beemaster.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 07:49:33 am »
TV,
Welcome to Beemaster.
You might want to try putting a few drops of lemon grass oil on the front entrance of your hive and you may catch a free swarm. Bee sure all of the frames are in place .
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline JojoBeeBoy

• House Bee
    • @joebeewhisperer on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 10:43:09 pm »
Glad to have you.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:00:50 pm »
welcome  :happy: