Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Boy Scout Merit Badge for Honey Bees!!!! HELP!!!  (Read 42876 times)

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
Re: Boy Scout Merit Badge for Honey Bees!!!! HELP!!!
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 09:55:05 pm »
I would like to give special thanks to Robo and Neil for joining in to help Chris and the Boy Scouts, with more sights and adding the mentor list. Chris gave a speach at our state meeting a few weeks ago about beekeeping and the merit badge. That is one special young man. Thanks also to all those that have signed the petition and mentor list.

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 03:48:12 pm »
The deadline is almost here.!!!!!!! Please help our youth and future beekeepers by signing the petition and the mentor list.  Thanks to everyone that have already signed it (the bees will thank you too) :-D

Offline Storm

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 08:47:31 pm »
Done, and best wishes!

Offline Birdman

• Brood
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 09:19:35 pm »
Got er did

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 08:46:11 pm »
**ALMOST THERE**!!  Just received!!!

Please  e-mail BSA and let them know you are willing to be a mentor. Many of us signed the petition and wrote letters stating we would make ourselves available to teach boy scouts about the honey bees. Now is the time to contact BSA . They are requesting that we e-mail them at:    merit.badge@scouting.org put Honey Bees in the heading

Just write a few words letting them know you are willing to mentor. Give them a way to contact you and let them know the areas of  your state/county you are willing to mentor  in.

BSA had added Bee keeping to 8 merit badges now. One is required to earn Eagle Rank. 100,000 boys will be learning about bee keeping each year through BSA merit badges as of 2015 and some merit badges will be in effect as of 2012. They are going to need our help to teach all these boys.
Thank you.
Christopher

Please help Christopher!!!!!!!! Thanks again to everyone that has helped.

Offline ApalacheeRiverFarms

• House Bee
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 09:59:50 am »
Any updates on this?  We can easily find out what packs are in our area and lobby those leaders. I can't imagine there being any community without at least a few beekeepers willing to help.

I just signed my seven year old up for cub scouts and the asst pack leader (former beekeeper even) couldn't give me any info on the status or what we could do.

If the future of beekeeping means something to you, I challenge each of you to contact your local chapters and spark a fire under them!

Offline TemeculaBeek

• New Bee
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2013, 06:23:55 am »
BSA had added Bee keeping to 8 merit badges now. One is required to earn Eagle Rank.

They have added SOME parts of beekeeping to these merit badges. Environmental Science is one of them.

More info can be found here:
http://www.scoutingvermont.org/News/beekeeping

anything