Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lyson manual steam uncapper  (Read 9568 times)

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
Re: Lyson manual steam uncapper
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2022, 04:53:17 pm »
Yep, that?s it. Sorry that I didn?t mention the brand. The Speed King is actually the model.

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2022, 06:43:04 pm »
I?m very happy with the knife. I may not have explained it very well. This knife does not overheat. It is actually very good. I did have a problem with the first one after about 5 years of use. The thermostat stopped working and it did overheat. It eventually burnt out. The new one runs quite cool and does not burn the honey or wax. Here in Australia, they are over $200 but from my perspective, they are well worth the money. I do keep a spare one and my old steam knife just in case??..

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2022, 09:07:10 pm »
Looking back you explained it very well. I should have had my reading glasses on. I see the need of such more regularly lately! lol

I will delete my last reply as I do not want to cause unneeded confusion to the video maker, especially if he may be a member here. Thanks for you patience Les.

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline loisl58

• New Bee
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2022, 05:23:52 am »
Pardon my ignorance but what is a "three inch, backward comb uncapper"?
It doesn't translate to anything known this side of the pond/world

Nigel that might not the the proper name. If thats the case please pardon me. lol  I will post a picture.. The idea is to drag the piece across the the comb in a pulling motion..

Phillip

Oops is this honey uncapper fork scraper good on uneven capped honey. I have quite a few uneven frames. I have a straight serrated uncapping knife honey scrapper which I heat in water and a straight needle comb scrapper uncapping fork.
Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 09:31:35 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2022, 09:26:20 am »
Oops is this honey uncapper fork scraper good on uneven capped honey. I have quite a few uneven frames. I have a straight serrated uncapping knife honey scrapper which I heat in water and a straight needle comb scrapper uncapping fork.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Not in my experience. This works like a plainer (if you will). It will miss the low places.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.