Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: scotts house burned  (Read 6977 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
scotts house burned
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »
Traffic cone bees and fire damage.wmv

don't know if you guys have heard this, but this is the video.  so sorry to hear about this.  amazed at how calm he was about it.  house pics toward the end.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: scotts house burned
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:30:15 pm »
The tears are close, I know what regard this man had for his house and family. But the cool dude that he is I know that it will all arise from the ashes. To Scott and Peggy my thoughts are with you and will be for many days to come, only wish that I was a lot closer and I could chuck in and help out.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:04:01 pm »
So sorry to hear about this.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:29 pm »
I called Scott today and they're doing fine considering all that has happened to them. His insurance company is really helping them out. Larry

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 09:03:08 pm »
Seen houses and cars burn to the ground in a hurry; long before the fire department can get there.  We should all check on our fire detectors after reading this thread.

So sad when it happens to somebody you know, or feel like you know.  Insurance can replace things, but the memories, photos, etc can never be replaced.  Best wishes to Scott and his family at this difficult time.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 09:48:15 pm »
When I saw the video earlier, it really got me to thinking about my smoke detectors.   It has turned cold and we are using the wood furnace this week.  Glad to hear the insurance company is taking care of them, but it will never replace everything and Scott and Peggy are living through a hardship right now loosing everything, but thank God they are safe and unhurt from the fire. 

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 12:44:35 am »
So very sorry to hearbed this Scott and Peggy.

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline Riggs

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 08:05:54 am »
How sad, thoughts and prayers...
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:15 am »
scott and i talked about the burning of my home 4 years ago at bud3 and he told me how it's helping him and his family through this tragedy.bluebee is right ,check the batterys in your smoke detectors and if you don't have any please get some.its code here to have electric with backup battery smoke detectors in every room when you build a new home.also a carbon monoxide detector too.had a house fire last week not far from where i live and two adults died  because they had no smoke detectors.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 01:53:37 am »
scott, condolences on your house. but at least the family is safe, that's the important thing. "stuff" can always be replaced, but still a hard thing to go through.
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 04:07:23 pm »
I just got through video taping the contents of my house because of the Scott's video. You really never know how much stuff you have unless you take 'inventory'.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ