Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster's Youtube INSTALLING A PACKAGE video reaches 40,000 hits  (Read 4005 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
I guess the title says it all, but I reached a milestone of sorts where my PACKAGE BEES INSTALL VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a4a-Tw-qFI reaches40,000 Views :)

That means, whether they use it or not, thanks to the fine people at Google, Youtube has let 40,000 people onto a simpler, safer and quicker way of installing packaged bees. No more beating the crap out of the bees like trying to get a pingpong ball out of the feeder hole in the cage.

I also recommend trying just a razor knife and cut out "U" shaped FLAPS both on the left and right side of the center bar on each side. I'll be doing a video on the razor knife method in the Spring.

Have I mentioned lately that I'm totally posting with a wireless keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop which hides away nicely (and well ventillated) and of course the laptop is wireless to router too, so the point is, in my living room we have a simple recycled plastic table (like some picknic tables are made from, but perfectly single tone gray, light weight table with keyboard and mouse and a TV remote.

I just click the remote and I'm either on HDMI1 which is my razor sharp 47 inch Internet (and all the movies and online tv shows today) and I click HDM2 and I'm back to Comcast HDTV channels - I never thought I'd see the day I fully intergrated these devices, but a single click and I instantly go from TV to Full Internet through the laptop.

That means online gaming, full movies and TV through the net and surf of course during commercials :) I love what we have here, I never thought I'd be 10ft from a 47 inch screen with such an extraodinary quality screen wireless fully and practically laying down in my chair or couch.

We slide the keyboard table around between us from chair and a half to couch - almost as much as a joint at a frat party  :-D

Oh, I also have the cam hooked up in its permanent site, at the top of the HDTV it rests seemlessly, catching both me in my Captains Chair (what I like to call Beemaster Central  :roll: and a full shot of where Tracey sits on the big couch - with a total shot of our kitchen and part of the dining room in the back ground.

I wish I had a way of notifying you all EXACTLY when me and the other members are on cam, but it's one of those computer code protection issues that don't allow it yet.

But to let you know, I've sat 6 people on cams down with tracey and me one night RIGHT at the table, as if you were eating with us, both she and I in total view with streaming video and sound.

I hope to find MORE TIME and really get all the cam stuff done. I'm still hoping to stock pile all the links you guys sent in, it is a bit labor intesive, I think Mogulus could have made it sipler, like allowing 10 video links to be pasted at once instead of just 1 - ugh.

So, just BSing here at 2am, of to bed soon but need to talk a bit - hope you had a good Thanksgiving, we had a baked turkey breast and everything else you're suppose to cook - we had no company which is fine by me. I enjoy when someone comes over, but I enjoy their leaving too - lol. I have a coworker visits occasionally, I enjoy every minute he is here, that makes for a fun evening.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline reeegs22

• New Bee
Re: Beemaster's Youtube INSTALLING A PACKAGE video reaches 40,000 hits
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:38:44 pm »
Congrats on the YouTube milestone.  Wonder if I sent it over that mark?? I think I have watched that video 3 or 4 times this week.  My friends can't wrap their minds around how the bees get into the hive and this video has helped a ton in the visual aspect of it.  So THANKS for the great video it looks like your method is the method I will use when I get my bees.
:-) Mary

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Beemaster's Youtube INSTALLING A PACKAGE video reaches 40,000 hits
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:41:46 am »
Thanks Mary:

I took a peak and its around 41.5K now, slowed down some but that is still a great number of people seeing the video, even you repeat viewer :)

I think the next time I'll just use a utility knife and gently cut the side out of the cage - eight cuts, no flaps, the bees really won't go anywhere and you don't have to deal with the staples that may be missed which you can hang up on while dumping them in.

I'll film it next package I get and see how it goes. Thanks again for the kind words :)

John
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything