Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: LIVING IN AMERICA  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
Re: LIVING IN AMERICA
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2022, 09:09:00 am »
I have now had COVID twice that I know of.
There are tests so you don't have to guess.
Clearly your non belief has exposed you to the virus.  Exposure to the virus is the first line of defense.  Your not dead so the vaxed worked.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2022, 11:58:36 am »
There are tests so you don't have to guess.
Clearly your non belief has exposed you to the virus.  Exposure to the virus is the first line of defense.  Your not dead so the vaxed worked.

:cheesy:  Some day I would like to meet you in person.  The impression you give on here can't possibly be accurate or you wouldn't even be able to operate your computer.
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2022, 03:53:49 pm »
Ace and Kathy,
Maybe you two can meet at BeeFest this year.  :happy:
Jim Altmiller

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2022, 07:34:13 pm »
Maybe you two can meet at BeeFest this year.

I would love to come but you have it in what is usually still winter here.   :sad:  Makes it hard to leave.  Maybe some day...
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2022, 09:26:12 am »
Maybe you two can meet at BeeFest this year.

I would love to come but you have it in what is usually still winter here.   :sad:  Makes it hard to leave.  Maybe some day...
That is why it is the best time to leave.  If I ever get to Oregon I will look you up but it ain't going to be in the winter.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2022, 04:46:14 pm »
I have met him in person. You would never believe they could have totally brainwashed him to  the left's agenda and left him otherwise pretty normal, but it has happened.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2022, 06:32:01 pm »
Iddee
Maybe you didn't hug him hard enough or maybe he did not squeeze you hard enough to squish out some of that rightest bologna. :cool:
Cheers
gww

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2022, 09:20:21 pm »
gww, in the history of bologna, it has kept many alive. I tried to squeeze some of the BS out of brian, but didn't know what to do with the empty skin that would be left.   :shocked: :wink:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2022, 09:04:31 am »
Iddee
Maybe you didn't hug him hard enough or maybe he did not squeeze you hard enough to squish out some of that rightest bologna. :cool:
Cheers
gww
I couldn't get my arms around him.  LOL That would be a leftist move and I didn't dare try.  Especially after he told me he was packing iron.
Wally it is not the leftists that scares me.  It is the rightist heck bent on eliminating democracy.  Carrying a weapon is a right but not essential to a democracy.  Voting is a right also but very essential to a democracy.  I understand where you are coming from but white supremacy is a huge problem for a democracy.  Waving the constitution and holding on to "us vs. them" is a complete misunderstanding of the constitution.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2022, 09:05:11 am »
I should add that it is the same for the bible.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2022, 09:55:26 am »
>white supremacy is a huge problem for a democracy.

In my whole live I've heard maybe two people say something completely racist.  I've hung out with everything from anarchists to leftists.  From new agers to Amish.  From philosophers to homeless people.  I've never met anyone who claimed to be a white supremacist.  I'm sure they exist, but if there were very many of them, I think I would have met some.  I do not believe they are even a blip on the radar.  Also, of course, it's lucky for us we have NEVER been a democracy.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2022, 09:59:06 am »
Guns and voting, like alcohol, are great until abused. A democracy without guns leads quickly to voting abuse and dictatorship. It has been proven many times. White supremacy should never be in a evaluation. No two people are totally equal much less whole races, genders, nations, ETC. People should be allowed to succeed or fail as to their abilities, as long as the playing field is equal and legal.

If a worker is being paid by the lb. to carry a load, and is carrying 200 lb. per trip, his pay should never be cut in half by making him carry only 100 lb. just because his coworker can only carry 100.

Democracy is what the right wants. A republic is what the left wants and it should never be. It has never worked.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2022, 11:40:02 am »
>Democracy is what the right wants. A republic is what the left wants and it should never be. It has never worked.

The word Democracy appears no where in our founding documents.  Not the Constitution.  Not the Declaration of Independence.  We are a republic no matter what anyone "wants".  But I don't think the left wants a republic and I don't think the right wants a democracy. Maybe you said that backwards?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2022, 01:30:56 pm »
I was taught in school that a republic voted on each item and the majority ruled. A democracy voted for representatives to vote on each item. Maybe my teachers were wrong. They were about many other things.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline salvo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2022, 01:31:23 pm »
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Salvo

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2022, 01:34:00 pm »
>I was taught in school that a republic voted on each item and the majority ruled. A democracy voted for representatives to vote on each item. Maybe my teachers were wrong. They were about many other things.

You got them flipped.  A democracy you vote on everything and majority rules.  In a republic you elect representatives who vote.
-------------------

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2022, 02:17:50 pm »
Looks like it's not just black & white.

In a representative democracy, also called an indirect democracy, all eligible citizens are free and encouraged to elect officials to pass laws and formulate public policy representing the needs and viewpoints of the people. Today, some 60% of the world?s nations employ some variety of representative democracy including the United States, the United Kingdom, and France.

https://www.thoughtco.com/republic-vs-democracy-4169936#toc-the-concept-of-a-democracy

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2022, 11:41:06 am »
In a representative democracy, also called an indirect democracy, all eligible citizens are free and encouraged to elect officials to pass laws and formulate public policy representing the needs and viewpoints of the people. Today, some 60% of the world?s nations employ some variety of representative democracy including the United States, the United Kingdom, and France.

Our federal government is representative.  We elect in a democratic election those who will represent us, and then they go do whatever they want to do.  The "democracy" part ends at the state elections.

The simple definition of democracy is one man, one vote.  If all decisions were made that way, all decisions would result in mob rule.  The mob is excitable and unpredictable.  That's why we have a federal government by representation.  It's also why almost all that we decide for ourselves should be left to states.  We have 50 chances to try things out, and 49 places to move if what our state does, doesn't work for us.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2022, 07:14:13 am »
>There are tests so you don't have to guess.
>Clearly your non belief has exposed you to the virus.  Exposure to the virus is the first line of defense.  Your not dead so the vaxed worked.

I'm not dead, so apparently NOT getting vaxxed worked pretty well just as it always has for me for everything else.  I just had what appeared to be a VERY mild flu.  The problem was losing my sense of taste made it very difficult to eat for a couple of weeks.  It's mostly back to normal now.  All I can say is it's a good thing I didn't get the vaccine or it could have been worse.  :)

-------------------

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2022, 11:08:26 am »
All I can say is it's a good thing I didn't get the vaccine or it could have been worse.  :)

As they begin to collate the vaccine injury reports from around the world, it's looking like most people would have been better off not getting it. I had no choice unless I wanted to stay home, and I would still have recommended it for the elderly and ill, just because it was an odds game.   'If you are going to die soon anyway, what do you have to lose?' 

We still don't know the long-term impact on kids and younger people, but some countries have become concerned enough to ban it for kids and not recommend it for young adults.

It never was needed for most people and we are field testing it on the world's population with no idea how this will turn out...except that whatever happens, the companies are shielded.

There's a reason this type of vaccine has been on the shelf for decades and never fully tested or used.