Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Atlas Shrugged  (Read 586 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Atlas Shrugged
« on: June 27, 2022, 09:00:34 am »
I'm listening again to Atlas Shrugged (I read it in book form and listened to it on audio years ago).  I have to admit Ayn Rand is a prophet.  So much she predicted has come to pass.  The only part besides Reardon Metal and the energy device that hasn't is the strike, or when Atlas finally shrugs.  She even predicts fracking...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Atlas Shrugged
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 07:40:46 pm »
She was way ahead of her time.  Some of her interviews are on youtube.  The Fountainhead is good too.  She was kind of anti-religion and that might be the one place that I would strongly disagree with her.  Killing God has been tried and has not gone well.  People seem to need some kind of faith in order to behave. Or, they need to be made to behave by the government.   :cheesy:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Atlas Shrugged
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 08:54:21 am »
Agreed.  Her anti-religious bent is he only place she really misses the mark.  She's pretty much right on otherwise.  But when I first read it I thought all that rhetoric on equality and all was overdone.  It does not seem overdone anymore.  And the whole thing about looters and moochers dragging down the successful and the whole politics of envy and jealously.... not to mention things like fracking etc.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin