Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Malware, spyware, files corrupted  (Read 12213 times)

Offline George Janis

• New Bee
Re: Malware, spyware, files corrupted
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 04:45:46 am »
Malwarebytes  is the best options to you!!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 08:38:50 am »
> I told her that would make me suicidal if I got a two year commitment with them.

I spent six months once trying to end my relationship with Hughes.  Dialup was faster than their sattillite when it did work and when it quit working I started trying to cancel my service.  There is no address listed anywhere on the net to mail a request to turn off the service.  I emailed every email address I could find (none for customer service just one for sales etc.) They kept billing my credit (checking) card.  I called the only number I could find every morning at work, put it on speaker and hung up when I went home.  No one ever answered.  I finally protested the charges on my credit (checking) card and their response to the bank was that I need to call that same number I had been trying to call for six months to cancel.  Finally one day I get a human on the other end and they tell me that the system I have was crap and I should spend another $300 and a two year to commitment to get their new system...  I asked him how stupid did he think I was...

I agree, a two year commitment with Hughes might make me suicidal too...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 12:21:55 am »
just looked at my last post.  what language that is, i know not!   :grin:

Doesn't hughesnet belong to dish now?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »
 :smile:
Kathy, I'm sure the language filter may have subbed some words for you.
As far as malware bytes, be sure to download it from malwarebytes.org and not somewhere like downloads.com.
These download sites wrap other software in a bundle with the programs you wish to download. Be forever cautious. And be sure to look through all the settings on malwarebytes as there are some that may be undesirable.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 11:51:24 pm »
If you would like to try and remove malware yourself or check your computer to see how clean it is, these folks will help you. It can be slow because it is a forum and it takes a little learning to run programs and post results for them to analyze. I have used them multiple times. They do not charge but exits off donations. hey recommend a lot of the same programs mentioned in this thread.

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/
John 3:16

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 11:25:10 am »
It is horrorfying the first time you see the number of malware files on your computer, Gary thousands is pretty normal if you never used an anti-malware program.

I use Spyhunter4 - not free, but I like it - very programmable to your needs - I never shut my pc down except to reboot if it gets goofy or to install Windows update. So I have Spyhunter4 do a deep search every morning at 3am.

Yesterday, something I clicked on in Facebook (I hate you Facebook) triggered Norton to give me a message and I ran Spyhunter4 right away, it found 38 issues that I clicked to delete. When I got up this morning,  it had ran again and there were no issues.

I used Malwareplus for a long time, but after demo trying Spyhunter4, I like the user interface. So whichever malware type program you choose, set it up to run when you are not using the computer, so that you don't slow your surfing down as it does take up some resources and will drag a slow browsing session even slower.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.