Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Best Source of Electrical Energy?  (Read 465 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
The Best Source of Electrical Energy?
« on: January 29, 2023, 02:36:27 am »
Here Scotty Kilmer discusses, different types of electrical energy sources. What is your opinion of what is the best source of electricity?

https://youtu.be/-zwQDVJ-wsk
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: The Best Source of Electrical Energy?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 04:01:37 pm »
 :tongue:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 04:13:13 pm by G3farms »
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 04:57:35 pm »
The cleanest and best bang for the buck if you don't have to spend years fighting eco-nuts, is nuclear.  Long lasting, clean, low risk in both implementation and operation.  Storing spent fuel rods is less impactful on the landscape and the environment than discarded wind turbines and defunct solar panels. 
Hydro would be up there very close to number 1 with me, but it's not something you can build anywhere.  Nuclear does require a water source for cooling but that source can be much smaller than what is required for efficient large-scale hydro.  Again you have to fight the eco-nuts.
 They don't seem to care if the pollution is out of sight and if it requires dangerous mining often done by slave and child labor OR that it gives the advantage to those who control the materials needed, to our enemies.   
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 08:13:35 am »
Hard to beat Hyrdroelectric.  Humans have been using Hyrdo for as long as we can tell.  Water wheels have been around for centuries at least if not millennia.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 09:14:49 am »
All have advantages and disadvantages.  Location is key for most sources of energy with the exception of geo thermal.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 10:30:15 am »
>Location is key for most sources of energy with the exception of geo thermal.

You might be able to leverage geo thermal for a heat pump most anywhere, but if you live near hot springs you can get MUCH more efficiency.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything