BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DISEASE & PEST CONTROL

Anybody Know About Black Queen Cell Virus?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ben Framed:
Good stuff HP

Beeboy01:
I volunteered my hives for a virus sampling earlier this year and the results just came in this week. As I said before I'm not producing or selling queens or nucs so long term eradication of BQCV in the yard is my goal. I know there is some old comb in the hives so removing that will be my first step along with increasing my mite treatments.
HP, thanks for the tips on how to control it.   

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Beeboy01 on August 21, 2021, 11:17:38 am ---I volunteered my hives for a virus sampling earlier this year and the results just came in this week. As I said before I'm not producing or selling queens or nucs so long term eradication of BQCV in the yard is my goal. I know there is some old comb in the hives so removing that will be my first step along with increasing my mite treatments.
HP, thanks for the tips on how to control it.

--- End quote ---

Beeboy I have learned some very important things from your post, as well as spin off post by others from your thoughts since I have been a member here. Thanks..

LawyerRick:
You might try a 1% solution of Reishi mushroom extract & 1 to 1 sugar water.  This mushroom extract was found to reduce virus levels significantly.  Paul Stamets from Washington teamed with some researchers from Washington State U & wrote a 2018 paper about their findings.  The extract is the only thing that actually lowers viral load without harming the bees.

Bill Murray:
Question on this. I had 2 hives that the larva turned to for lack of a better term snot. they were in the same yard I tested for AFB and EFB. Both neg 2x. Is this the same? sorry I read but cant quite comprehend symptoms. Thanks in advance.
Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version