Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
THE CONSTITUTION / Re: Can We Count On The Police?
« Last post by Ben Framed on January 29, 2023, 01:05:14 pm »
It is my understanding these Memphis police officers, 'each one them', are now former police officers. They have been fired and charged with murder. They will now have their day in court.....
CRAFTING CORNER / Re: Making candle moulds from silicone
« Last post by The15thMember on January 29, 2023, 12:43:59 pm »
My vote would be the one with the deepest, roughest bark.  My concern about the smoother ones is that after you fill in the cracks and apply the sealer, they aren't going to have enough textural definition.  If the mold, and therefore the candles, is too smooth, I'm not sure it'll be obvious that the candle is a section of a log.  It may just look like a slightly textured pillar.   
THE CONSTITUTION / Re: Can We Count On The Police?
« Last post by salvo on January 29, 2023, 12:30:08 pm »
Hi Folks,

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6319444499112

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6319390441112

This guy was screaming for his MOM!

Can you just imagine being his Mom right now?

Sal
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Washing a bee suit
« Last post by Ben Framed on January 29, 2023, 12:09:06 pm »
"This is another reason why I love veils with wide-brimmed hats built in.  Keeps the sun off your neck and the bees off your nose!  :grin:"

Me too, my regular veil is made with a 360 offset screen as I described earlier. When wearing this independent veil the screen itself is good for ventilation and even nose protection because it is as you described and what you prefer in a veil as do I.

The veil which is zipped on the jacket, made 'for' my jacket is another situation. The veil which is attached to my jacket is zipped on, incorporating the two into a single unit. Position by the constant moving and shifting of the beekeeper affects the position of the veil and the position is ever changing while working with bees. Sometimes the veil screen will be inches from your nose and sometimes the tip of you nose will be against the screen. And sometimes ouch! lol
 :cheesy:

On the plus side, and in favor of the attached jacket veil, is the three layer protection material just as used in making the jacket. When working and shifting positions, the material will touch the back of your neck from time to time and is already touching your head in places. Even so that is no problem when it comes to stings. The neck and head areas are not only protected from stings, but have the added luxury of the best ventilation possible, instantly releasing all heat put out from our head and neck area for our comfort, and because it it zipped onto the jacket with the added Velcro covering to protect the zipper areas, 'guarantees' no bees will enter the veil from the zipped on incorporated area.

As I said, with my jacket, the only drawback is during the shifting around, the screen will sometimes touch your nose, and is why I were a baseball cap beneath. I wish my jacket veil had a little better design....I love the open top ventilation of the material in the jacket veil. Even wearing a baseball cap beneath will restrict a certain amount heat to the head. An incorporated bill, or offset in the design of the jacket veil itself would have made the outfit perfect. Perhaps their is  now offered a different designed jacket veil with some manufacturers?

Phillip
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: wintering bees inside in minnesota
« Last post by beesnweeds on January 29, 2023, 11:34:28 am »
A pal of mine a few years back:

Sal

What's his overwintering success with TF basement beekeeping?
« Last post by Lesgold on January 29, 2023, 04:05:18 am »
And finally:
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Obviously all pieces would be allowed to dry out, deep cracks partially filled and the timber sealed before being put to use.
« Last post by Lesgold on January 29, 2023, 04:01:59 am »
OK guys, time to move on to a bigger candle. A couple of family members went for a walk in the rain looking for some larger driftwood. After a bit of searching, this is what we came up with.
All pieces ranged in diameter from about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Family members looked at them and couldn?t on agree which one I should use for the next project. Here is a close up of the region of the branches that I would use. Which one do you guys believe is going to make the most appealing candle? Would be happy to hear your creative thoughts.
WEB VIDEOS / The Best Source of Electrical Energy?
« Last post by Ben Framed on January 29, 2023, 02:36:27 am »
Here Scotty Kilmer discusses, different types of electrical energy sources. What is your opinion of what is the best source of electricity?

WEB VIDEOS / Re: Glen Campbell and 'Young" Carl Jackson
« Last post by The15thMember on January 29, 2023, 01:09:19 am »
I was misled!  It was mustache Burt in 100 Rifles!  :shocked: :sad:  Oh well, it was a fun movie anyway!  :grin:
WEB VIDEOS / Re: Glen Campbell and 'Young" Carl Jackson
« Last post by Ben Framed on January 28, 2023, 10:53:04 pm »
Ha ha that was funny! Your right Reagan, real original TV!! Thanks for posting this Sal! Thanks for the smiles... :grin:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10