Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Lyson Box/Bee Escape
« Last post by bmilesmiles on Today at 08:35:33 pm »
The only bee escape I am familiar with is the triangular escape board. The Lyson boxes have the shoulder that nests each box to the next so the standard escape won't work without modification. Does anyone know of an escape board/insert that fits lyson boxes? Thank you so much!
I did not realize they ate them whole so quickly!

https://youtube.com/shorts/EVpdZF32ngQ?si=DO_PSBdCs0IYROjs
GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF / Re: Hello From Utah
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 08:30:36 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster!
GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF / Hello From Utah
« Last post by bmilesmiles on Today at 08:17:24 pm »
I haven't even got my first box. I'm just here to learn from you guys and be a fly on the wall. I hope to find a local mentor but don't want to know nothing when I approach him/her.
Tulip poplar is all bloomed out. What do they get from that? What color is the pollen that comes off of it?
I think tulip poplar produces both nectar and pollen, and I think the pollen is a pretty light in color.  Our tulip poplars are starting to drop flowers now, so I'm assuming they are on the way out. 
I found this and I am seeing a boatload of orange coming in and figure it's tulip poplar.

GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Swarm Catching
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 06:40:21 pm »
Here's an example of what's been going on for three days now. None of them are bringing in any pollen and there is nothing in the hive to eat or drink. First activity this morning was at about 0600, in spite of the light rain and 58 degree temps.

https://rumble.com/v4w0svb-swarm-trap-may-18-2024.html
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Run o' the Mill Jokes
« Last post by Salvo on Today at 06:30:20 pm »
Doctor John had sex with one of his patients and felt guilty all day long.

No matter how much he tried to forget about it, he just couldn't. The guilt and sense of betrayal was overwhelming.

But every once in a while he'd hear an internal, reassuring voice in his head that said: 'John, don't worry about it. You aren't the first medical practitioner to have sex with one of their patients and you won't be the last. And you're single. Just let it go, John.'

But invariably another voice in his head would bring him back to reality whispering,
'John you're a Veterinarian, you sicko.'

GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Community Feeding
« Last post by Kathyp on Today at 06:27:48 pm »
Any of them.  Could be your own bees.  At my place, one of the worst problems I had was with Yellowjackets.  Anything aggressive and attracted to syrup, honey, or even brood, can be a problem. 
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Community Feeding
« Last post by FatherMichael on Today at 06:17:20 pm »
What bees are likely to try robbing one of your weak hives?

Do they not come from within 3 miles?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything