Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 12 hives absconded. Why?  (Read 5005 times)

Offline derekm

• Field Bee
Re: 12 hives absconded. Why?
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 05:47:36 pm »
Yesterday I had 25 good hives, I worked hive lightly. Looked good. Also yesterday I caught small swarm and thought odd this time of year. This morning swarm gone box empty. This afternoon the box swarm was in on roof of rv was covered in bees. I made small video. I went to check hives to see if these were my bees, I find 13 hives empty with a few bees here and there, No dead bees. I did not know what to do. Had boxes of drawn comb to protect. No bugs yet. For now I combined with remaining hives.  Also brood. What do you think caused this? Anything I can do to keep remaining bees here? I saw some in trees that I could not get to. Very busy at that moment. They probably moved into neighbors houses. Perhaps hollow trees. Big set back. was hoping to go into spring with 20 hives.  I think I have 12 or 13.  Any suggestions appreciated. I am in south Louisiana

a hot day? hives in full sun?

i
If they increased energy bill for your home by a factor of 4.5 would you consider that cruel? If so why are you doing that to your bees?

anything