ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Spearfishing

<< < (2/2)

Gunsmoke58A:

--- Quote from: .30WCF on November 19, 2021, 10:35:08 pm ---Nice job, but you will not catch me swimming around with a bloody fish tied to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I don't keep the fish on me. I string them onto my float line or throw them in the boat.  The stringer system keeps the fish at least 10m away from me. But it's not dead fish that really attracts sharks. It's injured fish. So I spoke them in the brain and then Gill and gut them and then thread them on the line. Simple.

Ben Framed:
Gunsmoke58A
Do you take underwater photos while you are spearfishing?

Gunsmoke58A:
No but some mates of mine run gopros while we dive.  Next time we go out together I'll see if they can get some good footage.  Found a good abalone spot last Friday and now my daughter LOVES it and I've been instructed to bring some home every dive LOL, kids.

Ben Framed:
> No but some mates of mine run gopros while we dive.  Next time we go out together I'll see if they can get some good footage. 

Thanks, I look forward to the footage. The group idea makes for good fellowship!

> Found a good abalone spot last Friday and now my daughter LOVES it and I've been instructed to bring some home every dive LOL, kids.

Lol:   😊    I am with the kids!

Ben Framed:
Gunsmoke, you have spoiled me with curiosity of your sport. I sure would like to see an update of your latest diving and spearfishing adventures.  :grin:

Thanks,

Phillip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version