Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my bees said i have been good so i got this for xmas!  (Read 8354 times)

Offline valley ranch

• New Bee
Re: my bees said i have been good so i got this for xmas!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 04:07:16 am »
Greetings John, It must be great fun to have that machine. Good for you, and your wife too.

I'm working on one, look forward to getting it done. Getting close.

Richard

Have you sharpened a blade yet?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:20:20 am by valley ranch »

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 04:32:07 am »
John,
I don't know how I missed this thread for this long. I have been wanting to get one for a long time. How do you like it.
I almost had a really nice woodmizer for $4,000. Last year. Stopped at a house that I was told the guy was selling but no one was home that day all day. Came back 2 weeks later and found out that a guy from Illinois drove all the way down here to buy it. I was sick for weeks about loosing that one.
I built my new barn large enough to keep it covered.
Can you put wheels on that one. If you can you could cut the trees where they fall.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 04:11:17 pm »
Nice setup your building. I was building one then came across the harbor freight one for what it would have cost to build it. I have been having fun with mine have cut up and plainer enough cedar for the wife's closet. And cut up about two hundred board feet of one by twelve by eight boards and about five hundred board feet of two by eights. Still have a large pile of logs to do. If it would stop raining long enough to dry out around the mill.

Jim you can build a trailer for it but you need to support the rails because their made of two sections each . I gotten the steel to make a twenty foot bed for it but have not put it together yet. Need to pour footings and the rain is making it had to do. But when I have it done I'll be able to cut eighting foot boards.

John

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 11:15:58 pm »
Sounds good. You say you got it from Harbor Frieght. I will check into that.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 12:23:11 am »
I looked at this sawmill.
Price is really good.
Have you tried using a cordless drill motor to drive the cutter head down the log?
Let me know how well that saw works.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 12:35:32 am »
Jim

Yes I got it from HF. I had one of the last coupons for 25% . now they no longer except coupons on the mills and larger items .  they almost refused the coupon. I had to call their main office and complain to get them to take it. With shipping I got it for about 1795.00

John

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 07:29:02 am »
Jim

Yes I got it from HF. I had one of the last coupons for 25% . now they no longer except coupons on the mills and larger items .  they almost refused the coupon. I had to call their main office and complain to get them to take it. With shipping I got it for about 1795.00

John
Wow,
That is a price to good to turn down.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 10:47:56 pm »
I wish this post hadn't been here.  It gave me a new bug.  I ran out of wood and was frustrated I was having a hard time finding any laying around.  I tried using the chainsaw and that went nowhere but to needing a new chain.  I have now been gathering stuff to build one of the bandmills.  I went and picked up a 9 horse tiller today for the motor and I guess it is about time to start welding.  I really wanted a swingblade setup but couldn't get a big enough motor with the shaft going in the correct direction.  If I can find the thread back when done, I will tell how the build went.  Maby it will even work.

I did not even wan't one till seeing this thread and needing wood at the same time.

Thanks I think.
gww