Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3045 times)

Offline BrutalGenie

• Brood
Hello
« on: November 05, 2023, 06:34:49 am »
I have been looking forward to the day I could keep bees. I am beginning to make my hive now. I have decided to start with a Horizontal Hive with a solid Bottom. Any fellow Washington Bee keeps have any advice.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 08:00:05 am »
Genie,
Welcome to Beemaster.
I don?t know of any other members in Washington State but Kathyp is in Oregon.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 08:49:21 am »
I too am planning to get bees next spring but being new, I can't offer much advice. I've been reading up as much as I can and have signed up for a course at my local beekeepers club. The folks here are knowledgeable though and seem to willing to help us out.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 09:40:21 am »
Hello Genie,
Welcome to Beemaster!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 03:00:31 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, BrutalGenie!  :happy:  As Jim metioned we have at least one member in the Pacific Northwest, and we also have several members keeping horizontal hives.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and be sure to check out the forum section just for horizontal and other non-standard hive types.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline AustinB

• House Bee
  • Christian, father, outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 09:59:49 am »
Welcome welcome!
The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
Proverbs 20:7

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proberbs 16:24

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 11:20:16 am »
hi, and welcome.

There's tons of stuff on here to help.  The search function will get you to a lot of it.  If you have a beekeeping club or someone willing to mentor you that would be great too. 

There are some posts here specifically for new beekeepers about equipment and how many hives to start with.  Enjoy!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.