Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Got Virgins?  (Read 1641 times)

salvo

Got Virgins?
« on: June 17, 2020, 11:47:21 pm »
Hi Folks,

True story. I don't know if it's for the Humor or General. Is it even funny?

My wife and I were making supper a few nights ago. She noticed my phone flashing.

She said: You have a message on your phone.

I said: Put it on speaker and play it.

My pal's voice says: SAL! I got lucky today and brought home four virgins. I don't have enough equipment. Can you take one off my hands?

My wife rolls her eyes and says: I suppose you have to go visit a sick friend tonight?

That virgin is currently comfortably nested in a nuc in the back yard.

Sal

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Got Virgins?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 07:43:38 am »
 :shocked: :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:37:52 pm »
 :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

salvo

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 11:15:13 pm »
Hi Folks,

Just an update on that virgin I took off a friend's delicate hands and slender fingers.

I put her queen cage in a 5 frame deep nuc, with a frame of nectar and pollen, one frame of brood (both with nurse bees), two old comb frames and a new frame. I set it in part shade, along the edge of my yard.

She was VERY young, she needed contact, so on the following day I released her. She was fine.

I watched the coming and going. Slow, nothing of note.

I checked yesterday. She wasn't there. the uncapped brood suffered and died off (not enough nurse bees). I figured she didn't make it.

Well, today I checked again. THERE SHE WAS! WOW! She flew off looking like a slim, little, pale Paris Hilton. She came back tanned, big and tired, looking more like Kim Kardasian. Six axe handles across the beam. A totally different young lady.

She looked up at me with a little Mona Lisa smile. She knew I knew what she had been doing. I smiled back. I got her another frame of brood and covered her up for the evening. I'll give her a baggie of syrup tomorrow. She deserves a good refreshing rest before settling in.

Sal

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 08:35:39 am »
 :happy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 11:39:26 am »
From Princess to Queen. 
You can always tell by the look in their eyes.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.