Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Let?s just cut to the chase shall we?  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Spur9

• House Bee
Let?s just cut to the chase shall we?
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:17:41 pm »
7a - 1650ft

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Let?s just cut to the chase shall we?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 11:02:00 am »
True but he just cannot say that he will take your guns away. If he did he would never be elected.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 01:12:23 pm »
True but he just cannot say that he will take your guns away. If he did he would never be elected.
Jim Altmiller

It was my understanding that he's financed an anti-gun campaign/lobby for several years now - I interpret that as him wanting to take away the guns.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 08:28:03 pm »
I thought he was doing the financing of the gun-grabbing group.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but since he has more money than he can spend, that makes sense.  Anyway, since he has more than he can spend, he has decided to throw a big chunk of it away in a race against Trump.  After the Nevada debate, he will be forced to double down on the spending to try to reverse the damage before Super Tuesday.  At least he is providing employment for thousands of people in an attempt to show billionaires are good for employment numbers. 

It takes a huge ego to run for POTUS.  It takes a huge ego and a winning message to be nominated POTUS.  What is Bloomberg's message?  Not Sanders?   Not Biden?  Not going to do the things you fear the most (unless elected)? 

Democrats are frantic to find a nominee that has a chance to beat Trump.  If they are truly desperate, they will accept whoever comes up with the most believable con job.  Siince Bloomberg used to pretend to be a Republican, he has shown his ability to pull the wool over the eyes of a lot of voters.  That may mean a lot to some Democrats. 

A battle of the billionaires might be interesting.  It would certainly result in a transfer of wealth to the pockets of campaign workers.  But an election does that anyway, so a race with these two would just be a spectacle of a different sort.  I think the outcome is already decided, just as the whole "impeachment" drama was decided before the first posturing political hack took center stage in the House of Representatives to prance and preen for his or her admiring audience of psycho-phants (sycophants in reverse or something, I guess -- I just liked the sound of it).
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 11:59:06 pm »
Cool,

Sorry.  I misread what you had written and thought you were saying anti-gun group was funding him.  You are correct.  My misunderstanding set off my tirade.  Otherwise, I stand by what I wrote.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 02:39:48 pm »
Cool,

Sorry.  I misread what you had written and thought you were saying anti-gun group was funding him.  You are correct.  My misunderstanding set off my tirade.  Otherwise, I stand by what I wrote.

Hahaha! No worries Dallas. I loved your tirade. Always great to hear from you.  :cool:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 11:36:22 am »
I sure miss Dallas....

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.