Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I luvs me some Matrix  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Spur9

• House Bee
I luvs me some Matrix
« on: March 13, 2018, 05:05:39 pm »
"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." - Morpheus
7a - 1650ft

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: I luvs me some Matrix
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 05:40:12 pm »
 :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 05:41:41 pm »
Used to be they would never try to shoot up a high school because the boys had the guns to take them out.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:37 am »
When I was in High School most boys had a 12 gauge in the trunk so they could hunt ducks or pheasants on the way home.  I had a pocket knife in my pocket at all times, including school, from the time I was 8.  My kids went to school in Laramie and all the boys had a buck knife on their belt at all times.  The teachers were more obsessed with getting the cowboys to take off their hats than disarming them...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Spur9

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 01:01:44 pm »
My high school days were in the 80's, but not much different than the above.  The cool guys had stepside Ford's or Chevy's with a gunrack mount in the back glass.  Good ole Winchester 94 rested on the top rack.  Fishing rod with a Cardinal 4 on the bottom rack.  Car windows left down in the parking lot unless it was looking like rain.  Don't recall anyone ever reporting a theft.

After lunch there was a 15 minute break.  Everyone usually walked to this grass lawn.  Smokers were able to puff away.  Teachers were out sitting right beside you.  Usually cleaning/trimming their nails with an Uncle Henry.

I can only recall one time that I heard a person make a statement about "blowing the brains out" of someone at school.  One of the other guys in the bathroom promptly let him know that if he had a problem then go "whoop their azz.  Be a man.  Not a wimp" (not the exact word used). 

We were allowed to wear hats as long as the football team won on Friday.  But still took them off at the beginning of every class period while reciting the pledge of allegiance.

Good times for sure. 

7a - 1650ft