Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking for sites around Sydney  (Read 3133 times)

Offline SydneyBees

• New Bee
Looking for sites around Sydney
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:42:56 am »
Hi everyone
I'm looking for a site to put about 20 hives around Sydney, i was wondering if someone could give me some clues.
Thank you!

Offline Pete F

• New Bee
Re: Looking for sites around Sydney
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:12:15 pm »
This is an old post, but I too wonder about how to find potential sites for additional hives. I've done quite a bit of searching but can't seem to find any clues on how to obtain sites/expand the number of hives on land other than what I own.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 11:39:13 pm »
Peter,
I often have people ask if I would place my hives, usually one or 2, on their property. They also send emails to bee clubs looking for hives, usually for orchards or fruit trees in their yards. I recommend that you check with your local bee club and/or put an add in the local paper. Our country paper has a free classified section that you can use for this. I have a free swarm removal in ours that stays in there week to week.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Bamboo

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 12:03:02 am »
Where in Sydney are you?

Offline Pete F

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:29:28 am »
Where in Sydney are you?

Upper North Shore

Offline Bamboo

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 05:49:25 am »
Ok so I used to live in that part of town. Why don't you take a trip through the gorge and check out Galston. Heaps of properties there with plenty of space, take a drive and knock on some doors. I am sure you would find plenty of people that would let you put a hive or two in exchange for some delicious honey. There are still a few orchards up there as well and they would LOVE free pollination.
Let us know how you go.
Cheers
Mark