Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Forum Makeup?  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Anonimo22

• House Bee
Forum Makeup?
« on: August 22, 2019, 03:57:47 am »
Hi

I was wondering what the population breakdown of this forum is? (In general, not detailed.)

I was interested in finding a forum that has techniques, mentorship, and experience not only from one country's point of view, and to be able to see how others do things differently. And not feeling limited to only one particular method is the only right way to do things.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Forum Makeup?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 06:01:41 am »
Welcome, although I take a beek's location into all my ideas on keeping bees, so I guess I will keep my bee info out of posts to you unless you decide to tell us where you are.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 07:45:24 am »
Beemasters is global.  Put in your location if you want posts from your location.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Anonimo22

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 07:49:05 am »
Are you saying that it will only show me stuff in my area? Or that you will withhold it?

That's not a good option.

Some people want to be anonymous because of how other forums showed poor adult maturity levels.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 07:50:31 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
As mentioned below, please add your location. Beekeeping is universal and at the same time very local. It is required by the bylaws.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 08:27:51 am »
All posts will be shown. I just said I won't tell a beek how to keep bees when I don't know if he's in the Arctic or on the equator.

What good would it do him if I gave advice for one area when he is in the other?
You don't need to be specific, but at least an area that gives us your climate data.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 09:47:37 am »
Anon,
You don't need to join Beemaster to learn from members contributions. 
Simply search topics from previous posts. 
I searched old topics for about a year before I became a member, not because I was concerned about privacy, but as a new beekeeper I figured I had little to contribute. 
Beekeeping is unique to your location so keep that in mind.
Good luck with your bees.
And thank you to all the contributors for helping me with my bees and farm and garden and jokes and political content.

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 10:36:46 am »
Some people want to be anonymous because of how other forums showed poor adult maturity levels.

Hi, and Welcome.  I understand your desire to avoid conflict from "poor adult maturity levels" manifest in contentious and snarky forums.  Nobody is unkind at Beemaster.  From my perspective, there are about 10 people on any given day who will view & respond to your current questions.  You won't find the wry humor of Rusty Burlew's HoneyBeeSuite, but everyone's tone here is helpful, and the experts are generous with their time.  I don't argue on politics/guns, which thankfully are kept in a separate section from beekeeping topics.
       As recommended, the search box brings up older discussions with decade-old advice which is still current as far as bee handling techniques.
       And best of all, no javascript or flash ads running.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:41:31 am by FloridaGardener »

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 11:15:51 am »
Hi, and Welcome.

Your replies will also be more meaningful to other members if they can assess what climate your experiences are from and how similar your climate is to theirs.
Tom

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
  • My Bible is living with bee energy one desire
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 04:46:16 pm »
I?m an idiot- you can learn tons of beginners stuff at my threads!!
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Then all else falls in line
It?s up to me

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 04:59:00 pm »
Some people want to be anonymous because of how other forums showed poor adult maturity levels

I don't think you will find that problem here.  On the rare occasion it pops up, the mods are good about slapping it down.  Very often, questions will spark debates on how to do the thing that is asked about and you will have to weed through opinions, but I find that to be a + not a -.  Tons of things to try, and you can do what works best for you.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 05:25:43 pm »

That makes 2 of us  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:10 pm »
Are you saying that it will only show me stuff in my area? Or that you will withhold it?

You are welcome here.  You are anonymous even now.  No one here knows who you are with your (Anonimo) name. Posting you location will not change that. It is a big world.  I talk to people form all over the world about bees from the far North to the far South, from the far East and here in the West. Hawaii, Russia, Canada, Europe, Turkey, South America,  Pacific Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East  etc. I have found the bee community to be a common binder bringing folks together form all over the world in a friendly, helpful way. Occasionally one will pop up which wants to change the make up of the world more than they really are here for the love of the bees. That is rare, if that is your concern. We have a Topic here Titled the coffee house for such discussion. We can not help you with you specific questions as location effects how hive management is most effective for a specific area. Climate, elevation, etc. I am sure that poor adult maturity levels exist all over the world, sometimes even with new members:  as well as older members. But that is rare here.  Relax and enjoy being welcome is my advise. 
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 09:06:50 pm »

That makes 2 of us  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool:

I would hardly consider either one of you an idiot. Modest maybe, Sly foxes maybe.  But no idiot, don't let these two trick you Anonimo 22. :wink:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 11:05:43 pm »

Welcome, although I take a beek's location into all my ideas on keeping bees, so I guess I will keep my bee info out of posts to you unless you decide to tell us where you are.

You are welcome here.  You are anonymous even now.  No one here knows who you are with your (Anonimo) name. Posting you location will not change that. It is a big world.  I talk to people form all over the world about bees from the far North to the far South, from the far East and here in the West. Hawaii, Russia, Canada, Europe, Turkey, South America,  Pacific Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East  etc. I have found the bee community to be a common binder bringing folks together form all over the world in a friendly, helpful way. Occasionally one will pop up which wants to change the make up of the world more than they really are here for the love of the bees. That is rare, if that is your concern. We have a Topic here Titled the coffee house for such discussion. We can not help you with you specific questions as location effects how hive management is most effective for a specific area. Climate, elevation, etc. I am sure that poor adult maturity levels exist all over the world, sometimes even with new members:  as well as older members. But that is rare here.  Relax and enjoy being welcome is my advise. 
Phillip

Anonimo22, I noticed you did put your location as (US, North America, Earth). This covers a lot of real-estate and most every climate condition in one form or another, found on Earth. I am in agreement with iddee on this one.

Offline Anonimo22

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 11:48:48 pm »
Thanks.

So you want it to be more specific?

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 12:00:11 am »
Thanks.

Welcome. All you need to do is be specific enough that we have some idea of the climate in your area. By just saying the US, you could be in the desert in Arizona or the frigid winters of Maine or anywhere in between, and there are just too many climate related differences in beekeeping for anyone to be of any help to you or you to be of help to anyone else if we don?t know where you are coming from, literally and metaphorically.  :happy:  Some people do put their town, but notice that Phillip and I only put the section of the state we are in.  This maintains a high level of personal privacy, but still lets the other members know what sort of climate we are dealing with. As I said before, this helps us both get and give better advice. Good luck with your bees, wherever you are!   :wink:   :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 12:08:53 am »
Thanks.

Welcome. All you need to do is be specific enough that we have some idea of the climate in your area. By just saying the US, you could be in the desert in Arizona or the frigid winters of Maine or anywhere in between, and there are just too many climate related differences in beekeeping for anyone to be of any help to you or you to be of help to anyone else if we don?t know where you are coming from, literally and metaphorically.  :happy:  Some people do put their town, but notice that Phillip and I only put the section of the state we are in.  This maintains a high level of personal privacy, but still lets the other members know what sort of climate we are dealing with. As I said before, this helps us both get and give better advice. Good luck with your bees, wherever you are!   :wink:   :cheesy:

👍 Thanks Member.