Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What did you do in your Apiary/Bee yard today?  (Read 68773 times)

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
Re: What did you do in your Apiary/Bee yard today?
« Reply #700 on: Today at 02:54:49 am »
Hi Folks,

Sitting back, sitting here waiting on a call from the Wilbanks Apiary trailer.

My club has around 900 packages getting dropped off within the hour.

This is more fun than waiting til the last minute to file your taxes.

Funny, the average age of the members who show up for the unloading is around 67 yo. Canes, walkers knee braces,..... I'm getting too short to work inside the trailer! The feeble and the feeble minded.

Sitting back, sitting here waiting on a call.

Sal

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #701 on: Today at 06:56:06 am »
That is a lot of packages Sal! You must be a member of a well organized, well established bee club. I would be interested in hearing more about your bee club.

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #702 on: Today at 07:34:39 am »
Took down three swarm traps and moved bees to bee yard, have one more to do in the morning. Put on some supers and checked on others.

Just my thoughts on the previous posts I have started using all frames with foundation in my swarm traps. My first two years I used open frames but with temps in the 90's on these fine Louisiana back roads I had to much of it collapse on me. Since I have started use frames with foundation I have not seen any difference in outcome, using four traps I usually catch 10 to 15 each year.

Thanks for the information Caashenb. .
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Terri Yaki

• Queen Bee
« Reply #703 on: Today at 10:30:10 am »
Hi Folks,

Funny, the average age of the members who show up for the unloading is around 67 yo. Canes, walkers knee braces,..... I'm getting too short to work inside the trailer! The feeble and the feeble minded.

Sal
At 0154? God bless you.

Offline Salvo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #704 on: Today at 11:01:59 am »
Hi Folks,

Trailer rolled in at 0256.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/428594386540310/?s=group_other&__cft__[0]=AZXJklC8dbV-cTP0TVou9z4Wav-d9zD3AxI7NGbmBTDkXZHxpIhrNipblXipXYbIXBxg-HBJpMTc7nU-LnwDQHR8cEa2P0mahIwKX8Lz68xQcJJlGz4ygGciZsOKYLVwZLcR9fFOOcQlSLbfVoEM8KzGWleHQSXM3TNq19K8HjrnYpcYqnaMDqrkgs5myNyl60B3yH2trbGbtfo8Qk0dP-pyNzfaM2VRJxjeoXJZHSTPXQ&__tn__=H-R

Usually, it takes about 45 minutes for us to unload and broom clean the trailer. Today about 35 minutes. I think the trailer holds a few less than 1,000 packages, all strapped in, amazingly. Nothing moves, all boxes connected to each other. HVAC. Lotta heat generated by these bees. We'll keep them cool and ventilated for pick-up Saturday (tomorrow) from 8 AM to maybe 1 PM.

We have a lot of members, 700+. And about 80 new Bee School people. They have first crack at packages.

https://www.facebook.com/100094078868185/videos/1225153115530503/

https://www.facebook.com/100094078868185/videos/1093425265076427/

Sal

Offline FatherMichael

• House Bee
« Reply #705 on: Today at 07:43:54 pm »
Hi Folks,

Sal

Fantastic!
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

anything