Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wind power or solar anyone?  (Read 82389 times)

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
Re: Wind power or solar anyone?
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2014, 07:02:56 pm »
there is a way I have seen it work on video

to make a permanent magnet motor to run with a small battery. how ever one can then harvest the back spike.

this spike is more powerful than the cycle many try to harvest 

yes I too would like to know with drawings

no I am not an electrician

Offline rookie2531

• Field Bee
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »
I have built some solar heaters for both air and water. The ones for air fit in the window and when the sun heats the air, a fan kicks on and blows the hot air in the window. The one I built for the water, is an old hot water tank in a solar box that fills my hot water tank in my house. That way, my tank is filled with hot water instead of cold.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2014, 07:12:52 am »
While I applaud the solar efforts on here, it seems to me the idea of a hot water tank is fundamentally inefficient unless you super insulate it and all the copper attached to it.  While it’s nice to heat the water with something free (like the Sun), you just end up losing so much heat energy through the poorly insulated tank and the highly conductive copper radiators attached to it.  It almost seems like an exercise in futility unless you live in Florida.  A tankless water heating system (on demand heating) seems like a much more efficient use of energy, although I don’t have one.

Jay when can I get me one of those working PM motors?  Key word here is WORKING. :-D   

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2014, 08:55:05 am »
When I was in Turkey every single house had a solar water heater on the roof.  Every one.  It was February.  It was snowing...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2014, 04:32:17 pm »
OK.....then again I might be wrong  :)

Offline rookie2531

• Field Bee
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2014, 06:16:59 pm »
Mine is in a insulated box and the lines are pex, in PVC pipe underground. It feeds the indoor hot water tank and also has a output there at the box when I want to throw hot water in the pool. It will burn you. It is only in use in the above freezing months though. I have a header/bypass setup inside to shut it down in the winter and drain it.

I would love to try the windmill, as the wind gets a blowing up on this hilltop. Now solar electric, just don't seem cost effective yet, but it is getting close.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2014, 09:23:48 am »
While I applaud the solar efforts on here, it seems to me the idea of a hot water tank is fundamentally inefficient unless you super insulate it and all the copper attached to it.  While it’s nice to heat the water with something free (like the Sun), you just end up losing so much heat energy through the poorly insulated tank and the highly conductive copper radiators attached to it.  It almost seems like an exercise in futility unless you live in Florida.  A tankless water heating system (on demand heating) seems like a much more efficient use of energy, although I don’t have one.

Jay when can I get me one of those working PM motors?  Key word here is WORKING. :-D   

blue
you would have to build it

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2014, 10:45:16 am »
Hey Jay, I own some wrenches, a soldering iron, and a hammer.  What else do I need?  :-D

All I need now is some plans.......

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2014, 09:59:12 am »
resisters diodes switches wire mounting platform a small DC motor

I say small so one can prove to themselves the premise is sound, before spending lots of money

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2014, 11:08:57 pm »
I have built two different types of hho vendor my truck. I increased millage from 17mph to 21.4mph without using a map controller with no problems for the pass 8 months. As far as wind power I build pm motors that I sell across the US. I build them from high seer Ad fan motors the ones that use the ECM motor.  I get 300-1200 watts from them each into my battery bank that runs my shop and the saw to build boxes.  My whole three buildings in the back of my property run off solar and wind. It runs my five HP radial arm saw and tablesaw plus lights. I even run my framespinner off it. I built a 7500 watt inverter from my battery bank. The batteries are high output arm sealed batteries that are use in electric vehicles. I got 8 dead ones that I reconditioned that hold 95 percent of cap. Have used them for over 4 years and still at 95 percent.

John

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 03:53:06 am »
A PWM circuit and fresh water or a more standard electrolysis setup?  The more standard approach being DC voltage applied to water with an electrolyte to promote conductivity.  Not being critical here; anybody who’s had the ambition to actually go out and try it is good in my book. X:X  Running leaner will make better mileage and I wonder if that’s where the efficiency is really coming from?  I don’t really know. :idunno:  

Jay, I’ve got some diodes, some Shockley’s if needed, resistors, small DC motor, some FETs, and said hammer.  Now what?

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 07:07:01 am »
I have built two different types of hho vendor my truck. I increased millage from 17mph to 21.4mph without using a map controller with no problems for the pass 8 months. As far as wind power I build pm motors that I sell across the US. I build them from high seer Ad fan motors the ones that use the ECM motor.  I get 300-1200 watts from them each into my battery bank that runs my shop and the saw to build boxes.  My whole three buildings in the back of my property run off solar and wind. It runs my five HP radial arm saw and tablesaw plus lights. I even run my framespinner off it. I built a 7500 watt inverter from my battery bank. The batteries are high output arm sealed batteries that are use in electric vehicles. I got 8 dead ones that I reconditioned that hold 95 percent of cap. Have used them for over 4 years and still at 95 percent.

John
John,
How much do you want for a wind generator?
I am running my new barn off of a 2000 watt inverter with 3 wheelchair batteries and a small solar charger. I need to increase the charging to the batteries.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 02:30:52 pm »
http://www.fuellesspower.com/

blue that was over a year ago. I am old and my memory eludes me

Offline Old Blue

• House Bee
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2014, 03:32:44 am »

John

John,
Can you tell us how you recondition those batteries?

Also you are the first person I have heard of personally that has done the HHO thing on one of their vehicles.  It sounds like you have verified the benefit and are not having problems with the computer screwing it up.

This is quite interesting.  Can you elaborate a little more for us?

Old Blue.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2015, 03:41:19 pm »
The way I recondition the agm batteries is by flushing and flooding. I open the caps of the cells and add distilled water mixed with Epson salt. 1-3 mix. Then shake the heck out of them and drain that with all the junk out then and more fliud then place them on a 2 amp manual charger and bubble then for a week. A agm battery ma's voltage is 14.1 to charge by using the 2 amp charger I'm pushing 14.8. This brakes up the sulfates then I drain the fluid and check each cell for a 2.8 voltage. If I have that I'm good to go. Agm have a gel inside so you are basically rehydrating the gel.

As far as the hho the setup I have works for 90's model with basic computers in them. New ones require the map controller to change the values of the 4 O2 sensors. If you don't do that the computer reads a Lean r fuel mix and will add more re fuel. That will reduce milage . it is a dance you do with the computer. Don't just use the map controller allow. That will make your engine run to lean and burn it up.

John

anything