Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: odd story of a dead climber....  (Read 15735 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: odd story of a dead climber....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:38 pm »
AHB. 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:32:47 am »
no doubt.  AZ has a lot i guess. my son worries about them because the bees are attracted into his yard for the citrus bloom.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 11:39:36 am »
Every time I read one of these stories I wonder if there isn't some sort of scent bomb that could be developed that would confuse the bees and make them less aggressive.

I mean hikers carry emergency gear all the time and frequently carry pepper spray for bears or other people why not a 'scent bomb'.

Moots

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 11:44:40 am »
Every time I read one of these stories I wonder if there isn't some sort of scent bomb that could be developed that would confuse the bees and make them less aggressive.

I mean hikers carry emergency gear all the time and frequently carry pepper spray for bears or other people why not a 'scent bomb'.

Just thinking out load here, not saying whether it's feasible or practical, but along those lines....I wonder if something like "bee quick" would/could be effective?  In theory, if you were being attacked and poured an entire bottle of bee quick on yourself, would it help, or would it bee ineffective once they're in attack mode?...Hmm? Thoughts?

Offline jredburn

• House Bee
    • Poorboybees
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 10:54:53 pm »
I live in SW Fl and deal with The Africans on a daily basis.  Some days are OK but every once in awhile I run into a hot hive.  I have a bottle of my own version of bee quick in the truck.  I wear a jacket so I can get stung through my jeans and around my ankles.  I wet my pants and socks down rather thoroughly and most of the bees leave me alone.  A few will come flying in backwards and try to hit me but they don't stay on me very long.  I also mist it on my veil when I have to crawl under a trailer, helps keep them off my face.