Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Catalpa Honey  (Read 1326 times)

Offline mel_gonz

• New Bee
Catalpa Honey
« on: March 03, 2023, 04:16:54 pm »
Anyone know where I can find Catalpa Honey?

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Catalpa Honey
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 05:02:58 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, mel gonz!  :happy:  I'm not sure of a source for Catalpa honey.  Why are you looking for this specific variety? 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 01:23:20 am »
Welcome mel_gonz. Where are you located?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 01:45:59 pm »
Mel,
Welcome to Beemaster

Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline mel_gonz

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 11:44:17 am »
I'm from Virginia Beach.  No specific variant. Thanks so much

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 12:17:16 pm »
I'm from Virginia Beach.  No specific variant. Thanks so much
Catalpa honey would be honey the bees made by collecting nectar from the catalpa tree.  What I meant is, why are you looking for this particular type of honey?
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline mel_gonz

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 02:47:19 pm »
Sister has cancer.   I had been praying for guidance and one night I had a dream about some raw unfinished furniture and I asked the person if  if it was oak, etc.. He replied it was from a bean tree.   I had never heard of a bean tree.   My sister had also had a dream - that someone told her no more cancer - honey.  I know it is a stretch, but I believe there was something to the dreams.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2023, 02:56:17 pm »
Mel I am sorry your sister has cancer. I don't know of anyone who produces Catapla honey. Let me direct you to the following link just posted recently by Beemaster2.

Phillip

What did you do in your Apiary/Bee yard today?
<< Reply #46 on: January 12, 2022, 08:38:27 am >>

https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=54786.msg501663#msg501663
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:12:43 pm by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 03:41:42 pm »
Mel check your PMs. I sent something to you unrelated to Honey or Honey Bees which you might find interesting.

Phillip

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 05:25:50 pm »
Sister has cancer.   I had been praying for guidance and one night I had a dream about some raw unfinished furniture and I asked the person if  if it was oak, etc.. He replied it was from a bean tree.   I had never heard of a bean tree.   My sister had also had a dream - that someone told her no more cancer - honey.  I know it is a stretch, but I believe there was something to the dreams.
Sorry to hear about your sister.  That's quite interesting though.  Bee products generally are very helpful and beneficial for the immune system.  A place you could try would be on Etsy, sometimes people are selling specialty honeys there.  I don't know if it's a honey that is easy to get a monofloral batch of.  If there aren't a lot of the trees in a single area, or if the trees bloom at the same time as other flowers the honey bees like more, it may not be possible to get only catalpa honey.  Does that make sense?  You could also try some wildflower honey, which is mixed batch honey, from an area where they grow, although it would be hard to know how much catalpa it contained, if any, without talking to the beekeeper.  Do you know that your name, Mel, means "honey" in Latin?     

Offline mel_gonz

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 06:49:26 pm »
Thank you so much.  Nickname is Mel,  Melissa actually and I knew it meant honeybee in Greek.
Thanks again.

Online Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 10:01:37 pm »
Are you still looking for Catelpa honey ? https://www.warmcolorsapiary.com/contact-us
  Here is a place that may help you out... Especially if you're looking for Local honey and different. Honey... I know There are a lot of catalpa trees.... In this area. There are 2 different species of this tree Eastern and Western...

BEE HAPPY  Jim134  😊

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 10:14:41 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/