Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Butler PA  (Read 2934 times)

Offline aengus1385

• New Bee
Greetings from Butler PA
« on: January 06, 2009, 11:37:50 am »
Hi all!

I am new to beekeeping although I have been reading about it for years now.  I finally decided to take the plunge. I am located in Butler PA, about 25 miles north of Pittsburgh. I actually live in the city, but Butler is an agriculturial area and I already have a site for my first hives on a nearby farm. I'm planning to start out small with only 2 hives, but I will probably expand if time and resources permit. I am interested in 'natural' beekeping as I wish to avoid the use of chemicals where possible.

As to my equipment, I am going with mediums for everything as I want the utility and consistency that they seem to provide.

Well, enough of my yammering for now! I look forward to getting to know you and look forward to our exchanges.

Aengus
Regards,
Aengus

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Greetings from Butler PA
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 02:48:45 pm »
Welcome to the site. There seems to be many beekeepers from Pennsylvania. You will find a good amount of experience to be shared here.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 06:04:16 pm »
Welcome to the forum Aengus good to see more Pa people joining the forum. Good luck with your bees. Be careful with this bee stuff, once you get started you cant stop. :)
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:29:07 pm »
Hello and Welcome Aengus
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 04:00:44 pm »
Welcome Aengus, 
            I am just across the line from you!  I think you will really enjoy this site.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 07:40:55 pm »
Aengus.  Welcome to our forum.  That is wonderful that you want to get into keeping of the bees.  This forum will be a place where you can tell your tales, stories, experiences and make some new friends.  Ask as many questions as you want, and never feel that a question is irrelevant or dumb, we were all beginners at one point in our life.  Have a great and awesome day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1of6

• House Bee
  • Always learning...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 08:31:37 pm »
Welcome.  I am from the Altoona/Johnstown area, and grew up out by the Flight 93 Memorial.

Good to have you aboard.

Offline aengus1385

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:21:31 pm »
Thanks everyone, I'm sure I will have a ton of questions, so get used to hearing from me  :-D
Regards,
Aengus