Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Free veterans beekeeping course  (Read 1357 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Free veterans beekeeping course
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 01:17:51 pm »
Wally
Thanks for posting this.
 Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 01:47:24 pm »
This is awesome
It is a awesome relief of stress, and I truly feel better when I get done working bees.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 03:20:11 pm »
That's really cool.  I have also found my mental health improved working with bees.  It sounds paradoxical to most people, but working with bees can be very relaxing.  They force you to be present and calm, and working the hives often has an almost meditative effect on my overactive mind.         
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 07:55:42 pm »
That's really cool.  I have also found my mental health improved working with bees.  It sounds paradoxical to most people, but working with bees can be very relaxing.  They force you to be present and calm, and working the hives often has an almost meditative effect on my overactive mind.       
I 100 percent agree

Offline TheApostle

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 05:54:12 pm »
Thank you for this. I see there is an online portion, I might have to check this out.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 06:19:28 pm »
I'd also like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all the servicemen and -women on this forum, and any who may be reading as guests.  You guys are amazing, and thank you for all the sacrifices you've made and for all you do for our country. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline FloridaGardener

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 07:23:43 pm »
Love the photo in the article. 

Newbee with the clean gloves and jacket, Old-timer with one sticky dark glove and one bare hand.

:wink: