Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Crisis  (Read 1427 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Crisis
« on: September 03, 2017, 06:45:20 am »
I was driving home late last night in the middle of a driving rain storm. I noticed a car with its flashers on creeping down the road ahead of me.

I realized it was my neighbor, a OB/GYN nurse who assisted in home deliveries. I pulled over in front of her to see why she was going so slow.

"My transmission is shot, I can't get this heap going over 20 miles an hour! And the Johnson family called and said their next baby is on the way. Help!"

"You take my truck and see to her, I'll take this heap back to your place."

"Thanks!"

As she sped off and I crept along I suddenly realized something. Here I was, 64 years old and deeply involved in a midwife crisis.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Crisis
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:40:21 am »
Good one.  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Crisis
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:00:08 am »
 :cheesy: :cheesy:

Had to steal that one.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything