Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Best (bee related) purchase...tool...method..approach in the last 10 years  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
Re: Best (bee related) purchase...tool...method..approach in the last 10 years
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2024, 06:21:47 pm »
So, these are the tools I have that I use. Ventilated Bee jacket, dont know how I did without one for so many years. My wife finally took pity on me a couple years back and bought me one. 10 inch Brushy mountain smoker. At least 18 yrs of service, Just had to replace the bellows last year. 2 Hive tools. A regular paint scraping one, and one I made because I never could find a J hook I liked. They were either to big, to small, or the J hook was to big or not the correct size, bend etc.This one is just the right size I can manipulate it and do an inspection and it never leaves my hand. A tool-belt with a leather bag affectionately known as my purse, thanks to my granddaughter. A Stainless queen clip, And a bee brush. Things I have just added to this in the past year are a queen muff thanks to Michael Bush, I never knew there was such a thing, but now never leave home without it. And a magnet clip to go on my belt to hold the paint scraper/hive tool, without it being in my back pocket. Taking a while to get used to but I like it,even though I still reach back in my pocket to get something thats not there all the time. And now that Ive found colpart acrylic pen,s Testors model paint is a thing of the past.

Tools I have I have but dont use. A frame "hanger/rest",  multiple queen marking cups/tools, frame grips (these were nice for my granddaughter at one point, but she has graduated), and a bee blower that someone told me worked, but is shelved forever.

anything