Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Virginia Is For Lovers  (Read 8505 times)

salvo

Virginia Is For Lovers
« on: December 24, 2019, 12:05:34 am »
Hi Folks,

You've heard about political efforts to legislate firearm laws in Virginia. If not, please click (or copy/paste) the link to a face book account by one Steve Huff.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.huff.9081?__tn__=%2CdCH-R-R&eid=ARDyiT5-9PQq7ZRNYGUXg5FuvVkd0USR5CG6DL_Xe5c_JE1rVKfEU2FLFdvYfDfu4YSxg3Es0-df0wT8&hc_ref=ART_hev0w7b-2AIha9HR_8Y5ZLG7u31XXKTE4RT9Jqp2PAUk2QdTL-nQPCMgHlpdQpQ&fref=nf

Also, please read this article:

https://dailysounder.com/national-guardsman-breaks-rank/?fbclid=IwAR2UHnXD3uqimDZ3rqL7guzWPL4WbyApz-FIRGkuoAEC8z3ixNPyZi6zwnc

If the Virginia legislators want to push this issue, it could get ugly.

And oh, by the way, plan on seeing the vast majority of the Virginia National Guard become Conscientious Objectors. It will be really hard for them to arrest cops and confiscate guns when none of them will carry the necessary arms to enforce said arrests and confiscations.

How do I know this? I am one of them and will be one of the first to lay down my gun and walk away.

Now,... what's Virginia's state motto? Something about lovers???

Nah! It's SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.

I think it means BLANK YOU TYRANTS.

Sal

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Virginia Is For Lovers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 11:03:45 am »
Thank you for protecting the most important right we have in America.  Never forget that it protects all of our other rights.
Jim Altmiller
USN Retired
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 02:53:02 pm »
Thank you for protecting the most important right we have in America.  Never forget that it protects all of our other rights.
Jim Altmiller
USN Retired

X2.

Thank you for your service Jim - from one Navy Veteran to another.

Great post Sal.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 06:55:35 pm »
X 3 from one Navy veteran to the others   :wink:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 10:15:38 pm »
OH, NO. Gotta have an Army vet in here. 5 1/2 years U.S. Army, "nam included. Hello and Merry Christmas to all you vets.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 11:24:13 pm »
Merry Christmas iddee and all of you. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 11:44:34 pm »
Three years army here, marry Christmas.
gww

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 07:10:41 pm »
The facebook post has now been deleted... it's wonderful to live in a country with free speech...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 06:15:58 pm »
The facebook post has now been deleted... it's wonderful to live in a country with free speech...
One can always emigrate :wink: But not here, please  :cool:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 01:29:46 am »
Rest easy Cider.
We have it pretty good here.
(Compared to you)

salvo

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 08:53:38 pm »
Hi Folks,

Government/Politicians never back down completely. Ask for it all,... but settle for some. Then,... DO IT AGAIN!

It's an old joke, but when the government tells you you don't need a gun,... YOU NEED A GUN!

https://www.westernjournal.com/virginia-gun-confiscation-bill-pulled-huge-pro-gun-crowd-shows-legislature-protest/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=PostTopSharingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons&fbclid=IwAR3TUd2KHZXfj9pHXT_BRKamfOBz94EK9q2QQsNsRxa1p-C8cnZJXfev5Sc

Sal

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 11:33:49 pm »
Sal one would think that most Republicans and Democrats would be like minded on this issue? Everyone should have the right to defend themselves and their family at all times. This is a basic right.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 06:16:36 pm »
Well, this could be an interesting week in Virginia.
There is talk through the webs that Antifa is planning on getting arms from Mexican cartels to be used in VA.Hopefully this is talk.
If it happens , the mainstream media will be all over the NRA. Citizens defending themselves from these thugs will be made out as bad guys.
If they succeed, this may be the beginnings of a civil war, or life under a tyrannical government.
This may be the reason the Governor wants to be sure law abiding citizens are disarmed and defenseless.
We may see more of the Fast and Furious guns used against US citizens.
I pray it does not happen.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 07:23:56 pm »
Antifa may want to walk softly. Virginia is full of grandsons of bootleggers. The hills are full of skeletons in shallow graves. They don't bother waiting for the Sheriff to get there. They take care of the problem immediately.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 12:05:57 pm »
you can bet states like mine are watching what is going on in VA.  Our gov has already shown her willingness to use the emergency powers for non-emergency stuff.  We are also ruled by a leftist majority.

I"m still amazed that Gov blackface and Lt Gov "he raped me" are still in office, but I guess I shouldn't be. 

Gun grabbers may have picked the wrong state this time. 

I see no solution to the divisions in this country except to divided the country.  Pick our valley and make a new life under the constitution.  Let the rest of them toss it and see how it goes.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 01:55:49 pm »
We could divide the country and it wouldn't change anything.  The left would still want to control what went on in the "other" part of the country.  If one side prospered and the other side failed, the blame game would run wild and the failed side would demand that the riches be shared.  Rreunification demands would be deafening. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 02:32:28 pm »
We could divide the country and it wouldn't change anything.  The left would still want to control what went on in the "other" part of the country.  If one side prospered and the other side failed, the blame game would run wild and the failed side would demand that the riches be shared.  Rreunification demands would be deafening.

Probably, but much of that is already happening.  I don't see a solution.  I live in a state that has a leftist governor and legislature.  Her solution to getting things that much of the state (by area) does not want, is to just do it by emergency powers.  We are seeing the same thing in CA, WA, VA, NY. 

If you want to read something crazy and scary
https://harvardlawreview.org/2020/01/pack-the-union-a-proposal-to-admit-new-states-for-the-purpose-of-amending-the-constitution-to-ensure-equal-representation/

These are supposed to be the brightest legal minds and if this is what we have making legal decisions there really is no hope. 

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 02:55:59 pm »
Kathy - I'm not able to get the link to work - but I'd like to read it.

Dallas - (great to hear from you!) - I agree with your analysis. This time we have to stand our ground and fix what here - in the words of Ronald Reagan "there's nowhere left to go to".

I've mentioned several times, that I'm seeing a change in today's youth. They are asking questions and seeking answers that "the left" can't/won't provide. ... so I have hope for the future.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 03:36:04 pm »
Kathy - I'm not able to get the link to work - but I'd like to read it.

It's twitchy.  If I get it to load again later I'll just cut and paste the whole thing, but it is long.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 09:26:14 pm »
I could not open with the link, but googled ?pack the Union? and came up with several articles discussing the Harvard nonsense.  Frightening.  They could make the Obama house a state, with two senators and a representative, and another house as a separate state and on and on. 

If the left wants war, they can abuse their power in this manner.  I think a military coup just might occur in this country if anyone tried something like this.  Only a bunch of Harvard idiots could hatch an idea like this.  Did it really get published by the law review, or is this one of those Harvard spoofs they are famous for?  My guess is that they are pulling our legs, so there is no need to get our bowels in an uproar. 

Actually, I have long held the view that the union should have been dissolved after 200 years and a new nation founded, with a constitutional convention held for those states wanting to explore continuation of the union.  Move the Capitol city.  Nobody in the old government could serve in the new government in the same capacity.  The idea of the thousand-year reich was defeated in 1945 after a bloody fight.  Why do we cling to the notion of a nation that lasts forever?  After 200 years, bureaucrats have taken over the government and we as voters are delusionally carrying on as if we are in control, when in fact we are in control of almost nothing.  Dissolution of the present union would allow us to form new alliances with neighboring states having similar interests and outlooks to form new nations.  Imagine how new Founding Fathers might emerge to guide us to new highs or lows.  We would no longer be taxed to support the views of states with which we have little in common.  We could stand or fall, prosper or fail, live or die without the citizens of another state being compelled to prop us up.  And the people of California, New York, et al would have the same privilege.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico would probably go back to being part of Mexico, which just might benefit all concerned.  Mexico certainly could benefit from having Silicon Valley.  I would personally find it uncomfortable to again be part of a nation containing California.

"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944